Thread: The White Knight Chronicles Come to a Close

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

The White Knight Chronicles Come to a Close

There comes a time in every online game's life where the servers must be shut down. Well, unless the game is Everquest or Demon's Souls, but not every game can enjoy a taste of immortality.

[Link]

With the online gone this game have nothing to offer but a overly cliche story. The core of the game was the online and it was a vast experience and on the 1rst days there was a lot of people playing but D3P and Sony committed the error on not even presenting a schedule of the quests that they will release so players quickly began to lose interest and began to left. WKCI didn't had the DLC problem because they where waiting for WKC2 but this time the game was not a international release and it was released under 2 different publishers. This creates problems because for some reason RPGs sell badly on Europe and in USA it sold less than WKCI. We only received 1 patch that is the 1.01 that added guilds since it was advertized on the box.

The guild system works by a ranking performed each 2 Tuesdays where if the points generated by the guild members reach the qualification then the guild will Level up. Each day a player received 3 tokens and a capacity of holding 9 tokens (3 days worth) this holding capacity can be increasing by buying tickets on the PSN store that costs $5 USDs. Guild leaders get 4 tokens per day and can hold 12 without the ticket. These tokens are spent on quests where you could place a maximum of 5 tokens on a single quest. After completing the quest and hopefully get S rank on the quest, you'll be rewarded with geostones that have a zodiac name. Each stone had a value and these are stored on the server and addressed on your file, then the total value in points will sum to your guild total. These geostones are the reward of the guild system and they can be exchanged for items on the geoforge. Items on the geoforge are random and also the content depends on the guild level and if it's ranked on the top 10 or top 2. When the guild hall reaches Lv.8 items called vessels will appear and the use the rarest gems in a 3-2 formula and the 2 rarest gems are Virgo and Pisces.

Guild Halls have exclusive items and equipment that once the servers get shut down no one will be able to get without using Game Genie. Among these its a series of strongest weapons in the game called True King's weapons. You see some people began modding their files shortly before the last quests received on February of last Year. This began to create drama and divide the community. I know of a particular person who left because of cheaters and harassment, she was being harassed for having a pretty voice and all these stuff could be avoided if the game had any type of moderation.

When we got the last quests on February the damage was done with files that where leaked from Japan who where debug files. The problem intensified when people bagan to use characters with mod stats that dint die and dealt 9999 Dmg per hit. The bow was a class with dmg multipliers so it actually did 9999 x 3 at max. So the community segregated so we made a petition and letters and even called D3P to receive the last quests or at least Avatar story who contains the true ending of the game. After fighting for so long this is what we get. WKC2 may be free to play and it sold average quantity but chack the DLC on the PSN store and their price. I know of a person who spent $800 USD on thsi game alone and you tell me that with all the money they cannot maintain the server and at least give us 1 last batch of quests. If that's the case then how Guild Wars 2 will survive or how Phantasy Star Online 2 will do well over here?

Anyway this is what players will miss once the server goes off:

Lightwing Weapons Lv.65 (Needed to bind True King weapon at GR30)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOu81rMnvlE

Formal set ( Needed to make the Formal II Set at GR26)

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/4989...ticular-armor/

Parade set Lv65 (needed to make ceremonial at GR26.) (Don't have all screenshots but looks like a bronze plate mail.)

http://whiteknightchronicles.neoseek...eremonial_Mail

Shambala set Lv.65 that looks like blue clothes from the middle east.

Spectral set GR26 (Looks like Glossy blue)

Gilded set GR26 (Looks like this but white, this is the unreleased chaos set)

http://s5.postimage.org/6gvatp7zb/8tnu0100001ua124.jpg

Cyclas set GR26 no photo.

This video shows what we have on DLC quest so far except the last 3 that japan got with our patch but because these quests are still untranslated we had them locked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxroAnlSVh0

The following are some equipment we will never have and are the last stuff that JP got.

These are the other Final weapon set that are counter part to the True King's weapons:

They are King Seong at GR40 and Falcio at GR50

This is the King Seong Heavy Armor set at GR40

This is the True King's Armor set that it's medium (GR40)

And the Final Mage set:

I took these last images from the official WKC2 page of japan.

Anyway I met good players on this games and I have good memories in this game but I'm reluctant to buy another F2P online game and I don't like the communities on P2P Online RPGs. If a game have a online mode I won't buy it even if trophies don't reflect it. With this it goes away the only free to play RPG on PS3 worth playing as I don't like P2W games like DCUO. This game last quests required good teamwork and strategy to beat and full knowledge of each class and the role it class filled.

I'm proud of all the good players I met and I forever remember DHC who was my 1rst guild and we had a lot of fun also Empyreal where many of my friends from DHC go to when it died and finally Crystal Star.

This is my team regardless of guild.

Kaiselly --> This is my avatar or toon. I'm SS, LS and Bow but my main class is SS.
    Arietta --> Very controversial figure on WKC2 message boards and Excellent mage. She's a RL tsundere (She did a lot to try to save the game)
    Ester --> Exellent Axe and Bow user
    Makoto --> Same as Ester plus a good friend (He always use a class opposite to Ester)
    Ryu --> LS forever and a good friend
    James --> Spear User and the main tank. (Also tried to save the game)

No mater what quest was thrown at us we would destroy it.

Special thanks to Ayame for teaching me how to play back on WKCI and everyone else on my friend-list to quest with me and to the guild masters Metsu and Crystal

for accepting me on their guilds.
    Last edited by LordKaiser; 03-22-2013 at 12:41 PM.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

I'd take the main story over the pointless quests any day.

Damn, I'm never going to be able to craft any of the interesting stuff now. Not that I was likely to before - I didn't really do the online multiplayer thing (I made the mistake of thinking it was a SP JRPG with an online component, rather than the other way around), and I've never really had the patience for farming Quest X several hundred times for rare drops (or pushing up your rank points, in this game). Needless to say, playing solo, one couldn't get the mats for crafting anything until long after the gear would actually be level appropriate.

le sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiralyn View Post
    (I made the mistake of thinking it was a SP JRPG with an online component, rather than the other way around)
    Wait, so it's not? I had always planned on getting WKC2 eventually. Is the experience really that dependent on multiplayer?

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
    Wait, so it's not? I had always planned on getting WKC2 eventually. Is the experience really that dependent on multiplayer?
    I see it as more half-and-half, unfortunately a good amount of that reason is because the single player experience is poor (rubbish story and you're mostly simply repeating the same areas/enemies from the first game).
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Because the White Knight Chronicles online guild is the only way to earn Geostones, earn guild points towards your Guild Level (not talking about individual Guild Rank), get guild coins, purchase statues for Georamas, upgrade your Avatar's incorruptus, and purchase rare weapons, armour, and items (especially Lightwing Weapons and True King Armours), I believe that Sony and D3Publisher are making a bad mistake in shutting down the White Knight Chronicles servers.

If White Knight Chronicles fans want to earn Geostones, get rare weapons and armour, purchase rare items, and purchase statues for your Georama using your Dahlia, I encourage you to e-mail D3Publisher, Level-5, and Sony, and try to get them to get the White Knight Chronicles server running until the end of the Playstation 3 life cycle which is likely 2015.

Shame on D3Publisher, Sony, and Level-5 for shutting down the White Knight Chronicles server as I truly enjoyed this game.

Once again, because the online guild is an only way to earn Geostones, earn guild points towards your Guild Level (not talking about individual Guild Rank), get Guild Coins, purchase statues for Georamas, upgrade your Avatar's incorruptus, and purchase rare weapons, armour, and items (especially Lightwing Weapons and True King Armours), I'm wondering if someone created an online petition to get Sony, D3Publisher, and Level-5 to keep the White Knight Chronicles servers running until the end of the Playstation 3 lifecycle projected at 2015?

If there is such petition, I'll be willing to sign it.

It might also be a good idea for White Knight Chronicles fans to address your concerns with D3Publsiher, Sony, and Level-5 as well.
    Last edited by Ocelot; 03-22-2013 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
    Depends how you see it, first of all you can't have all the equipment this game offers because you can only hold 500 pieces of equipment in WKC2 and 300 on WKCI and those include weapons, gloves, plates, accessories etc. Now you can beat the game at Lv.65 with normal equipment if you don't care to get this game platinum. To have this platinum you have to do quests and beat it on A at least to get blue items to bind the equipment. Some quests you can do solo but others are impossible to solo. For Example Vellgander that is composed of 10 quests, Each quest represents a section of a huge tower and each section have 5 floors where you need to activate 4 transporters with the corresponding gem to advance to the next floor. If you do it solo, you'll only get 1 item per kill unlike if you do it with a team that each one gets 1 item per kill no mater who kills it. if you solo it the timer will easily run out.

Many quests required pure teamwork to succeed and doing them solo is harder than beating Demon Souls and in most cases just impossible. The majority of equipment is online and IMO I won't use my current equipment to beat story mode Madoras as it will be unfair for the game as my equipment is game breaking. Think of it like the equipment you get in FF4 PSP and GBA versions in the extra dungeon after beating the game.

the quests japan has include the true ending of the games centered on your avatar. Infact this story starts offline as soon as you get you Knight from Framboise. The Black holes on the map are not caused by Framboise research but by Ideya Anima who is sending her army to invade your world. Madoras received the incorruptus technology from these aliens.

@Mousse

Level-5 if innocent of all guilt and here is Level-5 reply to Arietta with a scan for proof:

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/4989...e-on-dlc/2.htm

Dear Arietta,

We would like to thank you for letting us know about your concerns with White Knight Chronicles II.
    Unfortunately, LEVEL-5IA nor its parent company, LEVEL-5, has any authority to release the
    downloadable content or to take any action that affects the current status of the game.

LEVEL-5 was contracted as a developer by Sony Computer Entertainment Japan,
    who retains the right to make all business decisions concerning the title, including additional content licensing.
    Furthermore, Sony Computer Japan licensed it to D3Publisher for release in North America.

We completely understand your frustration.
    It is with the utmost regret that you are unable to receive the satisfaction you deserve from a LEVEL-5 developed product,
    and we will endeavor to ensure that our ability to keep our customers happy is not compromised in the future.
    Last edited by LordKaiser; 03-22-2013 at 11:38 AM.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Sorry LordKaiser,

Usually, developers have some say in their products. Didn't know that Level-5 didn't have a say in this case.

Still hope D3Publisher, subsidiary of Namco Bandai, and Sony will change their minds and keep the White Knight Chronicles servers running until 2015 when the PS3 lifecycle comes to an end.

Yeah at times like these I kind of wished Level-5 was it's own publisher. This game launch was handled differently as the official page in JP have a calendar showing you when the game would receive the updates. Here was just wait and guess so it had a negative impact. Regardless I prefer that this game shuts down than it to continue on it's deteriorating condition. I got tired of inspecting the other players to see if their stats are normal or not and most of my online friends stopped playing.

*Edit*

I see in other gaming news forums people blaming Level-5 thinking they have the fault just because D3P place the finger on them. This is the first time I see a Publisher blaming a Dev for it's mistakes, it's like biting the hand that feeds you.
    Last edited by LordKaiser; 03-22-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Doubt it'll happen, but it'd be nice if along with the server shutdown came a simple patch that would allow some of the online things (like crafting materials) to still be obtained. Even if it was only in a post-game or new game+ shop. Sure, it wouldn't be the same as getting the stuff the "real" way, but it would be better than never having access again. /shrug