Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tales of Tales on Tales

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff

Tales of Tales on Tales

Namco Bandai is preparing for a year of Tales, including a PSN release of Graces f and a narrowed release window for Xillia. On top of this, the company promises yet more to come.

The link

Well, that Year of Tales theme would have looked real nice right about now.
    Last edited by TG Barighm; 03-22-2013 at 12:57 PM.

I'm all for more Tales! Even if I don't have that PS3 yet...

Coinicidentally, I finally broke and ordered a copy of Tales of Xillia 2 yesterday. I really must applaud Namco Bandai on increasing the speed in which we see localizations, though.

I suspect that one of the surprises is probably a Xillia 2 localization annoucement.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Yeah, I think so too, and wonder if that Vita remake will come over digitally. (not so sure as a boxed product)

I love my physical disc version. Good for you digital only people.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Awesome. I was planning to get a PS3 after the (hopeful) post-E3 PS3 price drop. Tales of Graces F and Xillia are two of the handful of games I wanted, and with any luck I can just go all digital and not have to try to track down physical copies.

I haven't seen any clarification on whether Xillia will be digital as well. Anyone know different?

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    There's only one Tales announcement that could make me happy...the release of the PS1 Tales games onto the PSN, or possibly a Tales of Rebirth localized Digital version.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Nope, no word on Xillia on PSN, but I imagine now that they're putting Graces on there, that they plan to release Xillia on the platform as well.

I wish that they announce Tales Of Innocence and Hearts R series for the west.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

I could see Hearts R, but not sure about Innocence. The fact that they have surprises, I expect them to bring at least one more over, unless they're planning to announce a new "of the World" game... then I'd be displeased.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    OK, y'all can talk about what you hope Namco Bandai will do in its Year of Tales, but if this thread devolves into whining about what Namco Bandai hasn't localized in the past, I'll have to invoke the Very Special Tales Thread Rule.

I'm watching you.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhtr View Post
    I could see Hearts R, but not sure about Innocence. The fact that they have surprises, I expect them to bring at least one more over, unless they're planning to announce a new "of the World" game... then I'd be displeased.
    I imported Innocence R and it was...extremely mediocre. So long as Hearts R doesn't break the excellence of the original Hearts I'd love to see that brought over. Not sure how realistic it is, but given the success of Ni No Kuni Namco might be more willing to bring something like Hearts over.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhtr View Post
    After the way the last ToW game was received, I highly doubt we're going to get another one.

Xillia 2 is the most likely, Innocence R and/or Hearts R have an outside chance.

I would say there's a very slight chance that they might decide to localize that Tales of the World iOS tactical title, but that's the only one I could see being brought over, and only because its on iOS.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Does Xillia have a release date already?

Summer 2013. So, by the end of August, which isn't too far off. I'm pretty excited, myself

I will see if Gamestop is taking per-orders. I hope they give me something good for FFX and KH1&2.

I have it reserved, along with KH1.5. Not sure if they've added FFX/X-2 yet.

If anyone has questions about Xillia, I might be able to answer them.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    If anyone has questions about Xillia, I might be able to answer them.
    How many sidequests?
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.