Thread: Borderlands 2 Expands Again

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff

Borderlands 2 Expands Again

The Vault Hunters will be continuing their work across Pandora, including new levels, characters, modes, and a hint at more to come. On top of all of this, a new type of weapons are returning soon.

Story

Hmm...the paid DLC for Borderlands 2 is starting to get out of hand. Some of this stuff was free last time around.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Gearbox has to stuff its coffers for the possible upcoming Sega lawsuit, don'tcha know.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    it's own fault for not buying the season pass /maretingspeak

Yeah, I should have grabbed it while it was on sale, lol.

If all future DLC comes under the season pass, it will be worth it, but I think some of it will not.

Is it possible to wait til all the DLC is out, then get the season pass for a game to obtain all the covered DLC? If so, I wonder if that would end up being cheaper than getting it piecemeal.

I don't see how. If the season pass covers all DLC, it won't matter when you get it; however, I'm not sure of that, and the Mechromancer wasn't covered by the pass. Officially speaking, the season pass covers the first 4 expansions. If there are more (good chance now that they're outsourcing development), it stands to reason they won't be included.

Now, if you wait until the pass is on sale again, or until some game of the year edition comes out, then that would be cheaper. I wouldn't count on a GotY edition any time soon though.
    Last edited by TG Barighm; 03-25-2013 at 01:36 PM.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by TG Barighm View Post
    I don't see how. If the season pass covers all DLC, it won't matter when you get it; however, I'm not sure of that, and the Mechromancer wasn't covered by the pass.

Now, if you wait until the pass is on sale again, or until some game of the year edition comes out, then that would be cheaper. I wouldn't count on a GotY edition any time soon though.
    They said the season pass only covered the 4 major story DLCs, and the Mechromancer was free with pre-orders. The fact that the April 2 DL is free with season pass leads me to believe Krieg might be free as well. We shall see come May, though!

I mainly bring it up, because I'm wondering if they will actually leave the season pass 'dlc' available once all the rest of it is up, or if the pass is time limited in availability in some way. At this point I haven't played any games that have one, and I'm not sure if any have been around long enough to answer that.

Good question actually. The oldest game I have with a season pass is Gears, but the DLC and pass is still available, and they recently put that stuff on sale just a week before Judgment came out. I assume nothing will change until well into the next gen.