Thread: Phantasy Star Online 2 Delayed in North America

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff

Phantasy Star Online 2 Delayed in North America

North Americans awaiting the release of Phantasy Star Online 2 must wait some time longer. When that time will be is anyone's guess, however.

story

Major Bummer
    Please Donate to RPGamer's Extra Life team!
    http://www.extra-life.org/participant/diceadmiral

Well you've done it again Sega
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster

Since its the second time Sega has delayed Phantasy Star Online 2, my concern is that this game will never be released on the North American or European sides.

To add insult to injury, Sega has left many Phantasy Star fans like myself in the dark with no firm release or explanation for the delay.

Keep in mind that the longer the delays, the more likely the project is shelved.

As for Sega, two years of delays for one game is enough. Keep in mind that the game was supposed to be released in 2011, then delayed to 2012, and then delayed again.

No more delays Sega.

Big surprise this news is. By the time it comes out, interest would have already waned and the world moves on without a care.

I don't want to kill any of Sega's buzz, but soon FF14 reborn will be ready for me to play and I'll likely only play one online RPG at a time. I loved the first Phantasy Star online, so I would totally get into this, it's just not looking like it'll ever actually happen.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

Familiar Face Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    I was wondering what happened to this game. I was actually interested in playing this, which is unusual since I don't care for MMOs and other online games. Bit of a shame, this is.
    "Life will be a very great deal less weird without you!"

"Do you know I think that's the nicest thing anybody's ever said to me?

I better make a JP Sega ID just in case....
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Sega doesn't want any game with "Phantasy Star" in the title to be released outside Japan. We didn't get generations either. =/

I don't want to kill any of Sega's buzz, but soon FF14 reborn will be ready for me to play and I'll likely only play one online RPG at a time. I loved the first Phantasy Star online, so I would totally get into this, it's just not looking like it'll ever actually happen.
    I don't think that's an issue, because the target audience of F2P and P2P MMORPGs is like completely different. There are hardly people that play both types, either they only play F2P ones or they only play P2P ones.