Thread: NISA Opens a Trio of Sites

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

NISA Opens a Trio of Sites

NISA is opening some new websites to let everyone learn more about a high-schooler who has been turned into a god, a lovably maniacal demon overlord, and a gun-toting bride. RPGamers are invited to come take a look.

[Link]

I hate to say this because I'm a major fan of JRPGs, but I am not excited for, nor will I be buying any one of those 3 games. TokitoTowa had horrible reviews in Japan, I already have Disgaea 2 for the PSP, and I haven't heard a single thing about the third game. So I looked at the screen shots and saw that it's a SRPG, and I can't suffer through abother NISA SRPG, they're just too grind heavy.

Props to anyone else that is excited for them, but I'll be passing them up.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Disgaea 2 and Disgaea D2 are not the same game, davidvinc. Disgaea 2 is a seperate game in the franchise with a different cast of characters, and Disgaea D2 stars Laharl and the group introduced in the first game on another whacky adventure. They aren't the same.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidvinc View Post
    I hate to say this because I'm a major fan of JRPGs, but I am not excited for, nor will I be buying any one of those 3 games. TokitoTowa had horrible reviews in Japan, I already have Disgaea 2 for the PSP, and I haven't heard a single thing about the third game. So I looked at the screen shots and saw that it's a SRPG, and I can't suffer through abother NISA SRPG, they're just too grind heavy.

Props to anyone else that is excited for them, but I'll be passing them up.
    I also thought that A Guided Fate Paradox was a TRPG and initially wrote it off, but if you look at the site, it's described as a Dungeon-Crawler RPG. So I watched the video a bit more closely, and while it DOES have a tactical-looking grid, it looks like it's only a pseudo-tactical game. I have no idea how it actually works, but I'm definitely curious to find out more.

And as has already been said, Disgaea D2 is not Disgaea 2. To put it in Final Fantasy terms, Disgaea D2 would be Disgaea I-2. Like X-2.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

The Guided Fate Paradox is a spiritual successor to Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger VS Darkdeath Evilman in gameplay, so play that if you want to know how it plays.
    Here's a relevant quote from an interview:
    The Guided Fate Paradox, with respect to gameplay, feels a lot like Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman. Why did you decide to create a new story instead of making a sequel to Z.H.P.? Did the design of the game evolve from Z.H.P.?

Sohei Niikawa, President of Nippon Ichi Software: First of all, I think Z.H.P. is a great game, gameplay-wise. I think it was a success. The way that the system turned out, I think that’s very good. However, that’s just about the gameplay. In regards to the story and the setting itself, it’s kind of based on the 1980s superheroes, which is, even in Japan, a niche. I feel like in that area, especially compare to something like Disgaea, it was missing that kind of charm that Disgaea have. I want to take the good from it, but take something new, in terms of the story direction and setting.

So, using the great gameplay that we have in Z.H.P., we wanted to take something using a famous illustrator, Noizi Ito, and make a world and setting that more people can enjoy for that aspect as well.

In order of excitement:

Time and Eternity: Yeah, Japanese reviews were bad. I don't care. This simply looks awesome, so I'm in
    Disgaea D2: Looks good, and I like being able to play with Laharl et al again. However, these titles don't really seem like PS3 titles to me. I'd much rather see games like this on handheld.
    Guided Fate Paradox: I know the least going in. Look forward to learning more.

Either way, awesome to see all these this year!!!
    Bean Forever

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    I was excited for Time and Eternity until I saw NISA's trailer for it. I don't care if it's supposed to be funny, it's gross and gives me little confidence that the main character(s) will be treated as anything more than sex objects. Eyuch.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. Despite the bad reviews, I was still mildly interested in Time and Eternity... but watching the trailer just made me feel dirty.

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    *Sighs after watching Time and Eternity trailer*

You know, I really like the Imageepoch games that I've played. This however...ugh. I want to blame Namco Bandai, but that may not be fair.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    I want to kill somebody now. I SOOO want to kill somebody for doing that. I DO NOT LIKE SUCH TRAILERS! D:<
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

well it a given Im gonna shell out of all of them
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster

Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderator ChickenGod's Avatar
    Count me in the same boat as you guys regarding the Time and Eternity trailer. One of the most awkward trailers I've ever seen for a game.

To be honest, I haven't been interested in anything NISA has put out in awhile. Maybe I'll rent Time and Eternity, but its on a "whenever there's nothing else" timetable.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who didn't like that Time and Eternity trailer. It made me feel really stupid and I suspect it killed any possible interest I might have had. Disgaea D2 was a pretty bare bones trailer, but it's nice to see Laharl and Etna as big headed as ever and Flonne just kinda being her silly self. But by now I know that I will get the game because Disgaea. The last one is the only one I'm still on the fence about. Maybe I'll just wait for reviews.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

Quote Originally Posted by lolwhoops View Post
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one who didn't like that Time and Eternity trailer. It made me feel really stupid and I suspect it killed any possible interest I might have had.
    Not to joint he bandwagon but seriously have mercy with the poor soul of the person saying all this cheesy things....didn't anyone tell the marketing guys behind that trailer that we are not in the eighties any more with all those goofy Gamy Boy, Genesis and Nes Ads?

Or did he loose a bet to do something like this?

o.O

Anyways....Disgaea D2! *dood*

well its the same guy that did the disgaea 4 trailer
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster