Thread: Pandora's Tower Will Release Soon

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Pandora's Tower Will Release Soon

A story of monstrous curses and magic chains will be coming soon as the last of the three Operation Rainfall games now has a release date. Wii owners who have already burned through Xenoblade and The Last Story have one more game to play.

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2013/040313a.html

It came too late to sell well.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

I'd buy this if I had the money. I'm not too disappointed though, this looks like it's easily the weakest of the three.
    Please Donate to RPGamer's Extra Life team!
    http://www.extra-life.org/participant/diceadmiral

I'll buy that... at a high price.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Quote Originally Posted by Glowing Hyren View Post
    I'd buy this if I had the money. I'm not too disappointed though, this looks like it's easily the weakest of the three.
    Whaaaaaat?!

...Not that you're the only person to say that, but I still don't understand it at all. Pandora's Tower is absolutely the strongest of the three by leaps and bounds, IMHO. It's dark, it's atmospheric, it's got fluid controls, awesome level designs, a great story and REALLY satisfying combat.

I guess if you don't like action RPGs (or action games or platformers in general), I can kinda see thinking it's the weakest-looking of the three... but seriously, you're missing out. It's honestly as good as anything from Falcom's library as far as I'm concerned -- and that's not a claim I make lightly, as this is coming from one of the biggest Falcom fans you're ever likely to meet.

(Incidentally, I kind of hate that Nintendo of Europe and Operation Rainfall have caused Pandora's Tower, The Last Story and Xenoblade to become intrinsically linked in gamers' minds, despite the fact that they're three very different games created by three very different developers. Comparing them is honestly like comparing apples and oranges, with Pandora's Tower being easily the MOST different of the bunch. I fear that a lot of reviewers are going to go into Pandora's Tower expecting a game exactly like Last Story or Xenoblade, and will thus dock it points for not exactly matching what they baselessly imagined it to be.)

-Tom
    Last edited by Wyrdwad; 04-04-2013 at 01:38 AM.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff 7thCircle's Avatar
    Apples are delicous and have great mouthfeel. Oranges burn my poor, chewed-up, raw finger-stubs when I peel them, causing agony before I even put the bland, acidic mushfruit into my mouth. Apples are the awesomeness of Xenoblade. Oranges are the disappointment and pain of Pandora's Tower. The Last Story is a banana because it has an all male bathing scene where they discuss the the party members' members.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.

Xenoblade on paper was the most catered to me of the three games and Pandora's Tower probably the least. Still, I am eagerly looking forward to playing Pandora's Tower once my preorder comes in.

This is my only outstanding pre-order and I will be getting it, although its been the least interesting of the 3 OpRainfall titles. Honestly, I'm more getting it as a thank-you to XSEED for bringing it over, than anything else. I wasn't involved in OpRainfall, but I like their goals and am glad they were successful.

I actually still haven't got to Last Story yet. But I spent quite a lot of time with Xenoblade. I'll have to put both Last Story and Pandora's Tower on my soon-to-play list so that I can get through them before they age too much.

Quote Originally Posted by 7thCircle View Post
    Apples are delicous and have great mouthfeel. Oranges burn my poor, chewed-up, raw finger-stubs when I peel them, causing agony before I even put the bland, acidic mushfruit into my mouth. Apples are the awesomeness of Xenoblade. Oranges are the disappointment and pain of Pandora's Tower. The Last Story is a banana because it has an all male bathing scene where they discuss the the party members' members.
    Bah! How can someone with an avatar as awesome as Sakahagi get the order of superbness so mixed up?! Pandora's Tower > Last Story > Xenoblade! I have declared it so! Heheheh...

-Tom

How did the game perform elsewhere?
    Did it review well?

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    It came too late to sell well.
    I disagree. In fact, since it came out so late, I think it will sell better. This release date gives it a chance to stand out in the crowd, and I think it will pick up more casual sales because of it.

People don't just throw away their systems when a new system comes out. In my opinion it can take up to two years for a system to completely phase out. On top of that, Wii games can be played on Wii U

I don't think it will sell as well as The Last Story, with the big names and hype behind that title, but I think it will do fine.
    Bean Forever

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
    How did the game perform elsewhere?
    Did it review well?
    I thought it was ok Reviews generally were pretty positive if not spectacular, my one is on the lower end.
    "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)