Thread: August Is Tales of Xillia Time

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

August Is Tales of Xillia Time

Namco Bandai is providing us with one more reason to hide indoors with the air conditioning this August. There may be some additional news here that suggests that North Americans should stop hating the Vita.

----------------------------------------

Very Special Tales Thread Instructions:
    It would be awfully nice if this thread concentrated more on the Tales game we're getting rather than the ones we're not. If you find you have a burnin' yearnin' to gripe about the Vita remakes, please try to say something more interesting than, "This sucks, Namco hates us." As always, there shall be no complaints about unlocalized Tales games not mentioned in this news story.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Great news!
    Since my B-day is in August I will get Xillia for sure.
    I'm excited to see a Tales game that was made specifically for the PS3.
    Graces F was a great game but I felt it wasn't a 10/10 graphically.

Awesome! I can't wait to spend all my money on this and other games this summer

New Member Member
    Hopefully they see how well Atelier Totori Plus did on Vita with literally zero marketing effort. #1 seller in March although who knows how many units it would take to get the top spot. The JRPG fanbase on Vita is strong here in NA so I'm sure any RPG release will have a high attach rate. I just want more RPGs on my Vita.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Awesome. Watched a few videos and I like what I see, plus what I hear...THAT SOUNDTRACK.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

I don't think the Vita is doing that poorly. There's just the opposite of a Hype Cloud (A Fud Cloud maybe?) around the Vita right now. Too much noise in the press and comments about it being dead, and no amount of positive news seems to pierce the cacophony of negativity.

Up until I decided to finish all my Gamecube and GBA games so I can ditch those systems, the Vita was my #1 played system since last February.

As for Xillia, I guess I need to go finish Graces F before August...

I'm going to read the reviews very very carefully. I was profoundly disappointed by Graces F.

While Namco Bandai is right in saying that North American PS Vita sales are not very good, it doesn't justify leaving the world's largest video gaming market out of the Tales of Innocence and Tales of Hearts remakes.

The low PS Vita sales in North America are likely due to delays in releasing the PS Vita 3G version in Canada, high prices and reluctance to cut prices to be fair with Japanese counterparts, and competition with hand held devices.

Maybe if Sony lowered the prices for its Playstation Vita to all customers, not just the Japanese, and provide better quality RPGs for it, I'll consider buying the Vita.

Now there's a possibility that Tales of Innocence and Tales of Hearts remakes will now join White Knight Chronicles Origins (available in Europe but not North America) and Suikoden Centennial Tapestry as games not released in North America.

Besides, Namco Bandai shouldn't judge potential sales based on current console sales, but game sales.

No, I don't agree it was a "great" game. The gameplay was pretty good, but about three times too long, and the story was abysmal.

I would buy the Tales games on any platform regardless on whether I have the system at the moment, or not.