Thread: Tales of Xillia Brings Goods to Europe

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Tales of Xillia Brings Goods to Europe

The European branch of Namco Bandai is just a step behind North America, but they are trying to make up for the delay with the promise of a Collector's Edition. Be warned that Collector's Editions may inflict sticker shock.

[Link]

Update: Story updated with news about North American version and a trailer.
    Last edited by TwinBahamut; 04-12-2013 at 08:58 AM.

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Yay I'd say more, but that pretty much sums it up for me :P
    "Ab Hoc Possum Videre Domum Tuum."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Warning to anyone planning on getting the collector's edition: find out if Bamco is still using Digital River for their storefront, because they totally botched the Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition earlier this year, sending out copies to people who only ordered it like 2 days before and cancelling preorders that had been registered for months.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    All I want is the artbook and the soundtrack CD...that is all.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

I want it but I'm not doing business with digital river and I'm not going to pay into the gougers' pockets. EBGames.ca or Amazon.ca I will get a pre-order done immediately. Otherwise, no deal.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

Namco Bandai Europe seem to be doing business with an e-commerce company called 'Pepita', as opposed to Digital River.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Also available in North America, Gamestop has it available for pre-order.

Preordered on Gamestop.com. Can't wait! I love the Tales series. Thinking about buying two....

The collector's edition is currently the #1 best selling PS3 game at Gamestop, so hopefully we'll get Xillia 2 as well.

Preordered the European version as soon as I heard Gamestop were selling it in the US, as I had a mild panic and thought the limited numbers produced would be for worldwide (which they may be, I'm not too sure..)

I really hope this does well in Europe, so we can get future games like Xillia 2

ARGHHH!!!! After the amazingness that was Tales of Graces F, I cannot WAIT for this. My most anticipated game at the moment.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

I want it (have it pre-ordered) but I've heard the game was rushed. This wasn't said by people that usually say this, so I trust them. I think I'll enjoy it no matter what.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nim View Post
    I want it (have it pre-ordered) but I've heard the game was rushed. This wasn't said by people that usually say this, so I trust them. I think I'll enjoy it no matter what.
    At least we know the localization process wasn't rushed.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Quote Originally Posted by Nim View Post
    I want it (have it pre-ordered) but I've heard the game was rushed.
    It's a case of where unused assets went into the sequel, which includes two playable characters.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

That, and I've heard every port looks the same and that some enviroments are a bit uninspired. It won't matter much if the battles are fun, there are skits (duh!) and the story is better than the one in Graces f.

Well iv got my copy preordered
    Last edited by hoktomaster; 04-16-2013 at 02:32 PM.
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster

I'll get this game for sure, but I certainly won't pay $100 for it. Don't really need a collector's edition, I just want the game. =3

Haven't finished a Tales of... game for a long time. Always quit them because of the same reason: The crafting aspects. But I play them long enough each so that the purchase was worth it.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Rya, you might want to play Tales of the Abyss then. There is no real crafting element in it besides a shop that you don't ever have to use, that really gives you nothing impressive (other than a few unique weapons and Capacity Cores).
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Yeah that one wasn't released in Europe, though. =(
    Not for a console anyway.

I really liked Tales of Phantasia, Destiny and Eternia (Destiny 2). Also liked Tales of Symphonia. Didn't like the catching aspect of Symphonia 2, but I still liked it. Vesperia I quit mainly due to the skills from equipment. It certainly had the best story but also the most annoying equip/crafting system I've ever seen in my life (worse than Vagrant Story!). You have to literary get all equips to get all abilities and you get a new one like every 5 minutes and everytime you have to rearrange your ability set, man that was so annoying.
    Graces was a lot better, but in the end this whole get crystal from weapon reforge thing got annoying too, not to mention you had to grind for hours to get the gald for it after a while.

Let's see how Xillia will be like.