Yeah, this is mostly in line with my experience. Great game, bit light on story, and damn if the repetition can get to be a bit much, but still a great time to be had.
I have to ask, however, having never played Tri, was the city area accessible in single player in that one? It really feels like that level was meant for multi, and the quests are a hell of a lot more difficult there.
"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
-Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
Thankfully all of that is available offline in this version.Since the Wii U version can play locally with the 3DS version, there will always be a way to access that content with other others in Ultimate.
As for the grind, it can be tough at times yeah, but it's only really an issue when you're trying to gather materials from one specific monster. Gathering materials via mining and such is a lot easier because you can do it within other quests.
Nice, I still haven't decided if I want to buy this for 3DS soon-ish(like in a few months, I'm getting Soul Sacrifice in a little over a week) or wait until I have a Wii-U.
Heh. Your "diary" thread made it sound like you weren't too impressed. Funny though.
That surprises me. I'd not played a MH game before trying this demo, but was immediately put off by moving with the circle, stopping in my tracks to jump over to the d-pad to adjust the camera, and then back to the citcle to move again. That stop/start motion feels more natural? It seems like the L/R buttons would've made more sense... At least that way you can move and adjust the camera at the same time....On the 3DS, the D-pad placement feels more natural than it did on the PSP so quickly moving from the Circle Pad to the D-pad to adjust the camera isn't a nuisance. The only area of concern on the 3DS...
I'll agree with Wheels about the controls. I've never really had any problems with the camera controls at all in this game. Tapping L to either face the target or to center the camera behind my character was all I ever needed. That one control works beautifully, so I didn't need anything else 95% of the time (the remaining 5% was trying to rise or sink in aquatic combat). It works even better than a dual-analog control set-up would, in my opinion.
Anyways, I just completed this main story in this game yesterday, after putting more than 100 hours into it, and I've enjoyed it the entire way. There is still so much more I want to do, too... It's very easy to see how some people can get totally addicted to it and play it for thousands of hours. I might need to stop here before I get in too deep...
I wish I could play this on my PS3 instead of Dragma: Dark Arisen. I think this game is much more appealing to my tastes.
Thanks for the info, Wheels.
Last edited by Slayer; 04-23-2013 at 08:36 AM. Reason: loco