Thread: RPG Backtrack: Episode 91 - Y'know, for Kids!

Cosmo Nova RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar

RPG Backtrack: Episode 91 - Y'know, for Kids!

Cavia's occasional ventures into the RPG world have been filled with bloodshed and piling up huge numbers of corpses. The other tenets of these games vary quite a bit, so have a bloody good time with a slice of this episode.
    Singlehandedly depopulate towns!
    'The Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread.' So this is it, huh folks?

Familiar Face Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Yet another series I'm unfamiliar with, but you guys still make for an entertaining listen. I had to look it up, but it seems "Nowe" is not spelled like another "Nowi" from a recently released RPG. There goes some funny comparisons, but seeing as that Nowi is also linked to dragons...

If I may comment upon the discussion during the Final Lap about bringing handhelds to work: Most of my coworkers have mistaken my DS and 3DS for a phone. A couple of them who have kids may identify them (and I've even had a few ask me if a (3)DS would make a good gift or how old their kids should be before playing it), but otherwise many don't even realize it's a video game system.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

All I have to say is ... NO WAY!!! héhéhé
    Great fun again to listen to you all again Well for one I am glad that I never did play or view these game before, I might look at Nier though.

Yeah I mange to get some nice play time at work, in break and lunch break with the handheld

Hey strawberry eggs you mean..Fire Emblem ...NOWI! Seriously those Noways are going to echo in my head, hilarious show, I thikn I'll give this series a miss I'll try out Dynasty Warriors instead -yes I'm a wuss.

Familiar Face Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Yep, that's the "no way" I meant, ha.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

I might add, that indeed, I do play at work but I always try to play not in front of people because like you say, it's seem to be not right to play on these at work in the view of many people... maybe it's will change someday, but not with my boss.

I'm actually 40 years old, but partly because of my Chinese genetics I look about 20 years younger. One day people will look askance at me when I'm playing my handheld but I will ignore them, just as everyone else using a laptop, MP3 player, tablet device, book will ignore everyone else. Incidentally people have a far more positive reaction to books, they will ask you what you're reading, haha.
    As for elder protagonist, in history I felt that many people of accomplishment did not have the power base, experience or confidence to succeed until a bit older. Aristotle was a famed soldier, philosopher and politician, he didn't do all that in his teens. In fact unless driven by pivotal and extremely traumatic events or desperate situation(Ghengis Khan), few younger people are driven to great accomplishment. In conclusion, there ought to be a better range of ages for protagonists- not necessarily mirroring reality but for catering to a maturing market and more interesting and flexible story backgrounds.