Thread: Mass Effect 3 - Citadel DLC Impression

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Mass Effect 3 - Citadel DLC Impression

RPGamer is fashionably late on its impression of the final Mass Effect 3 DLC. However, can you blame us when we're wasting time watching krogans set cars on fire?

Impression

I loved this DLC, it was easily my favorite of all of the Mass Effect DLC for all three games. I do wish that they had a more detailed story with the "plot" portion of it, but the party part is where everything is great. And the combat simulator was much better than Pinnacle Station. One thing I can say is that the boss battle, on insanity, as an infiltrator, is easily the most difficult battle in the entire series including DLC. It is the only thing I was never able to do on insanity.

One of the best commentary is when the party ramps up, and you go find Miranda and Jack having a drunk conversation in the back room. Followed by Grunt at the front door and when he's drunk in the shower.

You probably get the most out of this if you can manage to save every character in every game you can. Mordin dies in the main game, but there is an easy to miss data pad that has a bunch of amusing "log entries" from Mordin lying on the floor during the party.
    Last edited by smacd; 04-30-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Disclaimer:
    I am a ME-Fanboy! Hell yes I AM!
    /Disclaimer

I have put down ME3 in August 2012 after I finished my Marathon ME1->ME3 and I truly liked the games, even the ending and was genuinely sad that it was over...then Leviathan was announced...then Omega...and finally Citadel...I really was furious about the asking price over here....15 each? Really? That is about 19.50 USD EACH!
    But yeah caved in and bought all three of them. Liked Leviathan hated Omega (as predicted by myself, even when the Omega-Setpieces were a-ok) and really loved Citadel to the death.

First DLC I bought in many years I truly think was worth every Cent of it an then some...

Couldn't bear the ending....after the somewhat anticlimactic ending in ME3 (without DC) this DLC was way more difficult to stomach (it really is the end to ME with Sheppard).

Now I bought ME1 for the PS3 (again 15 - damn moneygrubbing EA) to make a renegade run (did a paragon only before) trough the whole series again....I have a ton games I want to play on my Backlist but I still cannot believe how strongly attached I am to a game series.

One thing I can say is that the boss battle, on insanity, as an infiltrator, is easily the most difficult battle in the entire series including DLC. It is the only thing I was never able to do on insanity.
    Didn't try this on Insanity yet but as with my Infiltrator-only experience I as well had serious Problems with the sneaky cloaked attacks.....will see how difficult a Vanguard fight will be (As Renegade is as far away from Paragon, Vanguard seems the elementary opposite playstyle then Infiltrator)

One of the best commentary is when the party ramps up, and you go find Miranda and Jack having a drunk conversation in the back room.
    I am not that fond of alcohol-related jokes but the drunken Tali and her Normandy-lines were also something to laugh at, also Kasumi for the win.
    Well there could be already an extranet side about this and there may already be 6 million hits on this site...

Also the self-referential humor was great...
    Ok...again a wall of text post made by yours truly...*I* should go!....(wait)...I should *GO*! (uuh)...*I.SHOULD* go!......

People seem to have retroactively declared this the "real" ending to ME3, ensuring no one ever uses "Bioware" and "artistic integrity" in the same sentence ever again.

I haven't played it but I have a feeling I could simulate the $15 experience by just looking up all the jokes on Youtube.

EDIT: IT IS ACCOMPLISHED
    Last edited by Drav; 05-03-2013 at 07:39 AM.

Thats pretty unfortunate Drav. Citadel was actually worth $15. Regardless of how I feel about "artistic integrity" or any other such nonsense, that's $15* Bioware no longer has to pay their developers, most of whom likely had nothing to do with the perceived sleight by the ending that people seem to have. Which I don't get, because the ending was exactly what it should have been. The sense of entitlement by the "fans" really disturbs me.

And you really missed out if all you watched was the after party. There was a lot more different things in the DLC besides the "jokes"

*Minus {Microsoft/Sony/Valve/Nintendo} and EA cut.

I'm avoiding it for reasons completely unrelated to the ending. Consider those two sentences unrelated.
    Last edited by Drav; 05-03-2013 at 06:33 PM.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    I happen to love what they did with the DLC, as it is exactly what I wanted from a DLC for Mass Effect 3. Everything in it was just perfect. Oh and smacd, avoid opening that can of worms with the word 'entitlement' please, as that's an argument waiting to happen which nobody on these forums wants to see (regardless of which side of it you are on).
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.