Thread: Staff Review - Soul Sacrifice

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar

Staff Review - Soul Sacrifice

Soul Sacrifice attempts to fill the void left when the Monster Hunter series set sail for Nintendo's shores. Find out within if the father of Mega Man was able to accomplish the feat.

Staff Review - Soul Sacrifice

Nice review, Wheels.
    I just read another review that gave it 85/100.

Thanks!

Really hoping Souls Sacrifice 2 happens, because I think they can make something truly special from the base they've setup here.

Interesting. Every review seems to mention how good the story is, which is something I didn't expect from this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Azilis View Post
    Interesting. Every review seems to mention how good the story is, which is something I didn't expect from this game.
    I certainly didn't expect it, completely surprised me.

Quote Originally Posted by Azilis View Post
    Pretty much this. I have to say I'm surprisingly intrigued by this title. It looks good visually and the problem I've always had with MH is the crap narrative. Interesting...

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Quote Originally Posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
    Pretty much this. I have to say I'm surprisingly intrigued by this title. It looks good visually and the problem I've always had with MH is the crap narrative. Interesting...
    There's always the demo to try! It has some of the story mode to try as well as multiplayer. This game isn't as good as Monster Hunters (as I note in the review) but it does at least have a lower barrier of entry. Give it a try!

well between this review and RPGFan's I'm going to have to give the demo a try, I've never really gotten into this type of game in the past but I'm a sucker for a half-decent story