Thread: RPGCast - Episode 265: "Where Can I Find Some Sailors?"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 265: "Where Can I Find Some Sailors?"

RPGCast - Episode 265: "Where Can I Find Some Sailors?"

This week we learn what everyone is looking forward to playing in 2013. We also find a new way to get our Game Dev Story fix. Then Manny buys a Shenmue statue.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/265

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Where Can I Find Some Sailors?"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

Best wishes for Wedding Chris and Anna!
    I hope there's something in in the vacuum left by the podcast, I love Phil & Mike's backtrack show and Giant Bombcast but nothing like the Rpgcast.
    About Manny's comments about the cultural oddities and tropes in the spoiler having gone too far. I think when we read about something extreme, we can take a moment to explore and react to it, as in a horror novel, when we are in a game which gives you the illusion of being a fatechanger/decision path taker, the direct involvement gets us even more emotionally involved. Saving the girl is the oldest plot in the world and whether we are allowed to do so or not really bothers a lot of gamers who want that wish fulfilment hit. (this also reminds me of hte many ...er interesting endings form the backtrack show about Drakengard <wry chuckle>.

Thanks Balance;

We haven't decided what might go on during June.

Dragon Fantasy: Book II will be on PSN to start. To my knowledge, it's a matter of when they make it to other platforms after its release on PSN.

Also, we finished Torchlight II long before it launched -- we were playing NG+ before the game was officially released.

RO2 was announced something like 2008. The version out now is basically RO2 2.0 -- much like Sword 2 was Sword of the New World 2.0 ... that being said, if Gravity has anything to do with it, I could only warn you to steer clear.

I have a 5 year backlog too. I've shrunk my backlog by a mere 8 games this year, despite finishing 24 games. Even if no more games were released I'd have quite a bit to do.

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    To clear up the story of how Final Fantasy got its name...

While it is true that Square was facing bankruptcy, that was not the reason it was called "Final Fantasy." Rather, Sakaguchi chose the title because it was his personal last-ditch effort to create a game that would sell decently. If it sold poorly, he would quit game development and go back to university. It wasn't Square's "Final Fantasy," but Sakaguchi's. However the story was altered and the reason misattributed over the years.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Strawberry Eggs, thanks for sharing the story of how Final Fantasy got its name, I found it very romantic, touching, as it does on a perosn's dreams and hopes for the future.
    Since I'm a fan of Dragon quest, I will eventually work my way round to Dragon fantasy but will be the PC version. The in game jokes will be very welcome.
    I might return to Torchlight 2 if there is amusing new content, but I've done new game plus as well and at least half the maps.
    I have a problem with Tales games, I get enthusiastic at the start, then bored at some point during the progression and never finish -_-; Sometimes, I really worry about my wastefulness in not finishing games which cost at least my brother, if not I,money. Other sins I've committed are various Final Fantasies over the years and recently Xenosaga.
    Right now, I'm using all the buyable DLC in Fire Emblem Awakening to try and finishe the last battlle .

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    I totally agree with the caller about Yakuza 5. I want it so badly but I am also not holding my breath.

On a lighter note, nature abhors a vacuum! Is that why my hoover breaks down? But, er, will anyone attempt a replacement show? Yearworth's Super-Robot-War Cast? Manny's soulfood and anti-bug ninja cast? Mysterious Ocelot incognitocast? Horror of horrors -Lusipurr's eccentric anarchic take on RPGs cast. Of course I haven't fogotten about E3 coming up. I finished Fire Emblem awakening! Now my sister gets to have her run with the advantage-should she take it of my renown points ,
    (Presently still playing Path of Exiles and reading signed copy of "Magician's End" Raymond E Feist).

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    there may be evil plans afoot as to alternate host. eviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil plans.