Thread: Rihabiriteshon - Japandemonium for May 4th, 2013

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar

Rihabiriteshon - Japandemonium for May 4th, 2013

Bibliomania and columns apparently do not mix well. Who'd-a thunk?

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes.
    ---
    Even if its late, its always worth the wait.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff 7thCircle's Avatar
    Did you notice that your last review was #50? You're a Platinum reviewer now - congrats on that!

Looking at 4 weeks' worth of Famitsu rankings at once, I'm surprised so many of those games fell off at the end of April. I would have expected more of them to have Monster Hunter's longevity. Is it typical in Japan for games to fall off quickly, or was the last week of April a major release week due to the upcoming holidays?

It seems like in the US the same games stay on top for weeks if not months. Right now, SimCity is the #2 bestselling PC game on Amazon, which blows my mind since it still sells for $60 and doesn't work.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7thCircle View Post
    Did you notice that your last review was #50? You're a Platinum reviewer now - congrats on that!

Looking at 4 weeks' worth of Famitsu rankings at once, I'm surprised so many of those games fell off at the end of April. I would have expected more of them to have Monster Hunter's longevity. Is it typical in Japan for games to fall off quickly, or was the last week of April a major release week due to the upcoming holidays?

It seems like in the US the same games stay on top for weeks if not months. Right now, SimCity is the #2 bestselling PC game on Amazon, which blows my mind since it still sells for $60 and doesn't work.
    Y'know what? This would be perfect for a Culture Corner I'll see if I can scrape a column together by the end of the week this time >_<