Thread: The Tides of Destiny Return in a New Format

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

The Tides of Destiny Return in a New Format

The most aquatic entry in the Rune Factory series is returning in a slightly different form than before. People will once again get to see the tale of an identity-confused couple and their gigantic friend.

[Link]

so....is this game any good or what? I don't like harvest moon type games usually, but if its got dungeon crawling/rpg elements I could be down. Any opinions?
    Playing: Wild Arms 3, Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning, Star Ocean First Departure
    www.retrodragon.wordpress.com

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retrodragon View Post
    so....is this game any good or what? I don't like harvest moon type games usually, but if its got dungeon crawling/rpg elements I could be down. Any opinions?
    Well ummm, here's our official review for it: http://www.rpgamer.com/games/harvest...ansstrev1.html

If you are super curious about it, it's worth picking up if you can find it on the cheap. The PS3 version has got a few nasty bugs however that make the game unpolished and not fun to play in my honest opinion.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    If you're looking to try out Rune Factory, I wouldn't recommend starting with Tides. Although I had a great time with some of its elements, other RF games do most of the things in this game better. Most worrisome are the bugs (I experienced a few in my playthrough, poor Sam who reviewed the game for this site experienced a lot more) and the sub-par localization job. Give Rune Factory 3 on DS a try instead (it's fantastic in every way), or wait and see if the upcoming 3DS one is any good. If you prefer playing on consoles, get Rune Factory Frontier on the Wii.

Edit: Ha, synch post. RPGamer's Rune Factory brigade comes out to play!
    Last edited by Ocelot; 05-13-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    Warning: If you get Rune Factory Frontier on the Wii, be prepared to hate Runeys and everything they stand for. It's a great game other than that, though.

I'll take this opportunity to remind myself to play more Rune Factory 3 and Frontier...

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Yeah, the Runey system suuuuucks, but Frontier is such a great game otherwise.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

If you're looking to try out Rune Factory, I wouldn't recommend starting with Tides...
    ---
    This was my first Rune/Harvest game ever. I liked some parts of it, but ultimately its flaws were too annoying. I sold it.