Thread: Pokémon: "We Come From France"

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Pokémon: "We Come From France"

No Coneheads were harmed in the making of Pokémon X and Y, and not-Paris has never looked so lovely. Read on for new Pokémon reveals, but beware of extreme adorableness.

For those unfamiliar with the title and blurb references: Coneheads. Better with Frank Zappa.
    Last edited by Ocelot; 05-14-2013 at 08:47 AM. Reason: For poor clueless Europeans ;)

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    half tempted to do a review blog in the style of existentialist film for this game now.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Man, I can't get over how good this game looks. It's leaps and bounds above Gen 5.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Ugh.... It's.... SO zoomed in. You can't see three steps ahead in some shots. Oh my....

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Nekobasu's Avatar
    I like the cut of that Gogoat's jib. Does the France-focus mean we're going to get a long-awaited Mr. Mime evolution?

Familiar Face Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Heh, it used to take months before we found out what a new Pokemon's English name will be. With the simultaneous release for X and Y, it takes but two days, and the first batch's English names were revealed before the Japanese.

It's certainly looking good.
    "Life will be a very great deal less weird without you!"

"Do you know I think that's the nicest thing anybody's ever said to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Clix View Post
    Ugh.... It's.... SO zoomed in. You can't see three steps ahead in some shots. Oh my....
    It's hard to say whether that's the default camera distance or if its done that way for show in the trailer though. There's obviously some sort of camera system from the video, so I suspect it's probably heavily zoomed in. Or it could just be an aspect of that particular town. There were similar areas in Gen 5.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

I'M ON A GOAT

I can't wait for them to reveal some of the customization options and to actually reveal Sylveon as a Flying type.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

I like that little panda fighting type pokemon. Kung-fu Panda references will be done. Oh yes.

There's just one thing I wish they would do for the game: make your trainer be customizable. For example, changing hair or colour. But the real meat of it would be in adding clothes, hats, and accessories that change the look of your trainer! Buy, win, or find sets of clothes to make you look like a bug catcher or a hiker. I know it's wishful thinking, but wouldn't that be pretty awesome?
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

Quote Originally Posted by lolwhoops View Post
    I like that little panda fighting type pokemon. Kung-fu Panda references will be done. Oh yes.

There's just one thing I wish they would do for the game: make your trainer be customizable. For example, changing hair or colour. But the real meat of it would be in adding clothes, hats, and accessories that change the look of your trainer! Buy, win, or find sets of clothes to make you look like a bug catcher or a hiker. I know it's wishful thinking, but wouldn't that be pretty awesome?
    Not sure if this is sarcasm or you actually didn't hear. There is limited trainer customization announced for X/Y. Just skin tone and hair color, but it's a start.
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte View Post
    Not sure if this is sarcasm or you actually didn't hear. There is limited trainer customization announced for X/Y. Just skin tone and hair color, but it's a start.
    I did not hear that, but I would really like to play dress up. especially if you can dress up like pokemon to be a pokefan. But, that is good to know.

ps- I usually don't read articles on pokemon games coming out, I just look at pictures and trailers. Don't want to spoil it too much, you see. But I guess I should, huh?
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

But if you don't read about the upcoming games, you can't watch The Pokemon Company seriously oversell the extent of the new features in each game (we have four seasons and they change the world!) only to feel the inevitable sense of disappointment when reality hits (only one season actually changes the world, and only in a town and a half!).

I did not hear that, but I would really like to play dress up. especially if you can dress up like pokemon to be a pokefan. But, that is good to know.

ps- I usually don't read articles on pokemon games coming out, I just look at pictures and trailers. Don't want to spoil it too much, you see. But I guess I should, huh?
    You are able to obtain new clothes and accessories for your person. Not much more info at the moment. Serebii.net should have all you need to know.

Familiar Face Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Huh, the leaf in Pancham's mouth actually reminds me of Ash's Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile from the anime (it had a twig in its mouth), but that gangster thing works, too (or rather a bancho).
    "Life will be a very great deal less weird without you!"

"Do you know I think that's the nicest thing anybody's ever said to me?

I think Kung Fu Panda + 30s Gangster tough guy. That leaf seems to be a standin for the old tough guy's cigarette(but don't tell Nintendo this)
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon

My VAPS Entry,

Next Fauxtaku headline: New Pokemon Promotes Smoking Weed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Next Fauxtaku headline: New Pokemon Promotes Smoking Weed?
    Please, that is clearly a mint leaf in his mouth.

New Pokemon Supports Fight Against Halitosis
    Follow me on Twitter