Thread: Ground Control to Major Tom - Currents

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff InstaTrent's Avatar

Ground Control to Major Tom - Currents

In this issue of Currents, Nvidia's Shield is pricey, Eternal Darkness gets a sort-of sequel, OUYA's release is pushed back, and AAA titles somehow continue to disappoint with millions of sales. Take your protein pills and put your helmet on.

CURRENTS
    Last edited by InstaTrent; 05-16-2013 at 09:12 AM.
    "To tell you the truth, I like drinking tea and eating fresh vegetables, but that doesn't fit with my super-cool attitude. I guess I have to accept this about myself."

Gunclaws and Meow. Administrator Paws's Avatar
    I can't justify buying the Shield at 350 until I see a price point for the PS4/New Xbox. Mind you, I can't justify 150 on an Ouya either for a lot of the same reasons that go beyond price: what is this console going to offer me? I'm not saying either is bad, but as someone who plays predominantly JRPGs, neither system is courting me.

The price point has turned me off of the Shield as well, for now at least. That's too much for me to be getting the first generation of something that I could see being quite bug heavy. The idea behind it is still pretty awesome, and I do have a good enough video card for the streaming from PC, so it's something I'll be keeping an eye on.

I'd be excited about Eternal Darkness 2, but after reading a post mortem about Silicon Knights, I don't want to touch anything Dennis Dyack is involved with, let alone give him money.

nVidia, the Shield does not protect you from being shot in the foot by your own price point.

Unless the Ouya has a spectacular comeback with its next iteration that it sends to people, I'm predicting a fast flop.

I don't know why they called it a 'Shield'. I can't help but feel like it will NGage poorly with the current market.

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    I am going to assume the germans have a word for 'the sudden realization that something needs more Bowie upon encountering a small amount of Bowie within it' because i have that. and the space program needs more Bowie.