Thread: Impression - Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar

Impression - Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

Don't let the Wall Street pixies fool you; fairies make terrible brokers. Their idea of a sound investment is to corner the glitter and tinsel markets. Brave they may be, but savvy they are not. No wonder the gaming industry is going into default.

Impression

Familiar Face Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    That Town Rebuilding things sounds like a bit irksome, but I'll probably still enjoy this game.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Yep, do want.

Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderator ChickenGod's Avatar
    Yeah, BDFF is something I'm dearly looking forward to. Especially because I have a strong urge to play some games with a decent class system, which is probably why I enjoyed Etrian Odyssey 4 and to a lesser extent 3 so much. Also, the story sounds more interesting than I thought, and the aesthetic style really appeals to me. The Town Building might be kind of irksome, but it sort of reminds me of TWEWY's Pins that grow based on the amount of time your DS had been turned off, though in this case its turned on. Never had a problem with that, and I'm sure there will be some good opportunities to chill and let the game do its thing if I feel compelled to go that route.
    Last edited by ChickenGod; 05-21-2013 at 09:30 PM.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Not too fond of the Town Reconstruction, but the rest sounds PERFECT.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

This game looks like it's basically Fantasy Final III DS-2, from the basic game design right down to the interchangeable main characters with only token personalities. I enjoyed FFIIIDS quite a bit, but I bet there are a lot of people going into this expecting more of a FFIV/VI/IX experience that are going to be really pissed.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    Nah, there's nothing "token" about the characters' personalities. The interchangeable looks, on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Baker
    It even has those attack multipliers that I don't remember seeing since FFII or III.
    Oh, you mean like those in FFIV? ... I know exactly what you mean; they never show them in the menus any more!

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenGod View Post
    The Town Building might be kind of irksome, but it sort of reminds me of TWEWY's Pins that grow based on the amount of time your DS had been turned off, though in this case its turned on.
    Well I was thinking of TWEwY's Mingle (Tag mode) feature if anything.

I.e. You leave the game running in tag(/StreetPass) mode for ages in a vain hope that you tag(/StreetPass) someone. Otherwise failing that; you eventually get a lesser reward in the end anyway.

I'm guessing Gaijin Monogatari wasn't able to pass many other fellow players, to see how well it should be working in a more ideal world.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Eggs View Post
    That Town Rebuilding things sounds like a bit irksome, but I'll probably still enjoy this game.
    It would probably work better if you had a few hundred street passes but those are hard to get unless you go to conventions all the time. I got at least a hundred from momocon alone for the Mii plaza...then again try finding 100+ people with Bravely Default: Flying Fairy to pass by...
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon

My VAPS Entry,

That princess looks so familiar.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Odd, the thing that got my attention was the graphics, especially the beautiful backdrops. The character models not looking overly pixelated and deformed like in the similar DS games is also a big plus.

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    I am excited about this title.

My expectations are not overly high, as I have been disappointed with the majority of SE's more recent titles. So I anticipate being pleased with this game.

Low expectations = pleasant surprise.

I'm going in expecting another game like 4 Heroes of Light. If it ends up being better than that, I'll be pleasantly surprised!

Limited individual inventory................
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

All I care about is that Europe will get this before the US. Muahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Ahem, sorry about that.