Thread: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn to Release in August

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn to Release in August

Square Enix take the Blizzard approach to special edition marketing. Make sure the package contains at least one adorable mini-pet.

[NEWS]

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

I seen this earlier today from a Playstation tweet about the release. August is looking to be a fairly packed month.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

I already have the 1.0 CE, which means I'll be getting 2.0 CE stuff automatically. I still pre-ordered a PS3 copy, though.

I'm excited for this, was able to take part in the beta for it and they fixed pretty much every complaint I had about the game, and now has one of the best ui systems I've ever had the pleasure of interacting with.

so excited for this. It's gonna be AWESOME.

I played the Beta for several weekends. It's a decent game and very pretty, but not engaging enough to convince me to buy it.

I've been following this for a long time, and am excited about the prospect of a Final Fantasy MMO on my PS3. Now I just need to convince some friends to get on board too lol. And yeah late summer is going to be awesome. Need to clean out my backlog over the next few months
    Playing: Wild Arms 3, Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning, Star Ocean First Departure
    www.retrodragon.wordpress.com

Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderator ChickenGod's Avatar
    Hmm, August is gonna be a tough sell with Tales of Xillia, M&L: Dream Team, and Dragon's Crown all releasing in the same month. That, and its that time of the year when all my gamer cousins who are still struggling getting through college are just starting out a new semester. That being said, part of me is excited for the way this game looks on paper, I'm interested to try it out. Plus, it would be nice to say I've played every numbered FF. Doubt I'll be able to convince anyone I know to try it though.
    Last edited by ChickenGod; 05-25-2013 at 09:27 PM.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach

Here's hoping FFXI goes free to play after this game starts doing well...