Thread: Get Ready to Demo the X Zone

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Get Ready to Demo the X Zone

Capcom, Namco Bandai, and Sega are hoping to stir up eXcitement about their upcoming crossover game with this eXotic demo offering. Feel free to try it out and eXpress yourselves on our forum.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I'm really looking forward to the demo coming here. I've been really disappointed with Bamco's marketing so far completely avoiding showing any of the actual RPG elements in their trailers. Its like they have been trying to market a TRPG to fans of fighters so far. I'm less worried that they are trying to hide something with a demo coming our way.

Tuesday? But I want it now!
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smacd View Post
    I'm really looking forward to the demo coming here. I've been really disappointed with Bamco's marketing so far completely avoiding showing any of the actual RPG elements in their trailers. Its like they have been trying to market a TRPG to fans of fighters so far. I'm less worried that they are trying to hide something with a demo coming our way.
    I look at the marketing, and I see Bandai-Namco's usual approach to presenting the Super Robot Wars series in Japan. Since the series is so well known amongst its fandom, they hardly ever show the tactical aspects unless there's something experimental about it (hex grids or gridless maps, for example). 99% of all advertising about those games will be about the characters featured in the game, their flashy attacks, and just how cool they look.

So... it's not like they're marketing it to fighting game fans, it's that they're forgetting that they're not marketing it to Japanese SRW fans.

Familiar Face Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    I'm trying out the demo for sure. I have the game preordered, but I'd love to see how it plays.
    "Life will be a very great deal less weird without you!"

"Do you know I think that's the nicest thing anybody's ever said to me?

I love strategy games, and so far I've seen maybe 1 or 2 seconds of a trailer with some grid based stuff in it, so the demo is a must. They're marketing this like a fighting game and that doesn't interest me at all. If it leans more heavily towards strategy then I'm probably in.
    Please Donate to RPGamer's Extra Life team!
    http://www.extra-life.org/participant/diceadmiral

Glad they are letting us try it first.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau

Quote Originally Posted by pr.noithat View Post
    Up ph? ch? th?t
    ChĂșc ch? th?t d?t Ă*ng nhĂ©
    What the heck?

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glowing Hyren View Post
    What the heck?
    Spambot banned, nothing to see here.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I tried it. It didn't impress me. I won't be picking up the game.

At first I was a bit miffed that the demo only gets 5 plays, rather than the standard 30. But there is such little content here that 1 play should be more than sufficient. I completed it in around 20 minutes.

The demo actually managed to confuse me about what this game is actually supposed to be more than the trailers did. Is there anything outside of the battle maps? I did manage to finish the one map in the demo, barely, but I have no clue what I was doing in the fights. Probably didn't help that the demo started with like 10 pages of instructions when you launch it that I skipped over because "boring, get to game already." And I won't be going back to read them.

Definitely not sold on this game.