Thread: Deus Ex Falls Onto Tablets

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Deus Ex Falls Onto Tablets

Granted, traditional fans of the Deus Ex franchise never asked for this. It's not the end of the world, though, even if we can see it from here.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

::facepalm::

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    I dunno, I don't have an issue with people developing real games for tablets/mobiles, especially if this one isn't saddled with abusive IAPs. The PC/console Deus Ex team isn't developing it, so this isn't taking resources away from that side of things.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    I like the concepts behind the deus ex universe and games. But sadly for me it is a little too much action and not enough rpg for my tastes. Not saying there aren't some great rpg aspects to the game, it just doesn't do it for me or possess the type of customizations that I enjoy.

I constantly die even on the easiest settings, lol. So even though I enjoyed playing it on pc, the frustration takes over way to easily.

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    at the end of the day this is more deus ex. i really want more deus and i'm prepared to give SE (likely) too much money for this series. It can't be worse than Invisible War.

They don't seem to be aiming any higher than "see, we can get something that kinda looks like an AAA game from 2 years ago running on tablets!". If they made a new Deus Ex game for PC that looked like a fan mod like this does I'd be pretty pissed. I also suspect that, regardless of how close they manage to make the game look like Human Revolution, hard-drive restrictions will prevent it from being anywhere near as ambitious in scope, and HR was already more limited in scope compared to the original. But I don't own an iPad anyway so why am I even commenting.

But speaking of Deus Ex... why aren't they announcing a full PC/console release? It's already been 2 years since the last one, which should be enough time to at least have something to show if they're making a new game on the same engine (which they should be doing, if they're smart). I guess they don't want to take coverage time away from Thief? It's sounding more and more like Thief is going to be somewhat of a disaster though...
    Last edited by Drav; 06-08-2013 at 06:36 AM.