Thread: Tales of Xillia English Trailer

Tales of Xillia English Trailer

This new Tales trailer offers a tantalizing glimpse of Rieze Maxia. However, we are still left guessing as to what a Xillia is.

[NEWS]

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    So Milla is Maxwell supposedly? That's a bombshell if I ever did see one. Makes me wonder if Origin will be a boss...
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    There's a reason her name is Milla Maxwell. I don't think that's even a spoiler because I'm pretty sure you learn it at the very beginning of the game. Namco hasn't been shy about spelling out the fact in its promo materials.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

That trailer is absolutely beautiful. I think its time for me to get a PS3.

Very excited for this. Looks like it's going to retain all of its Tales-ness for better and worse. Abysmal to mediocre dialogue/voicework and cringe-worthy female outfits, but awesome battle system, detailed and massive world(s), and insatiable sincerity. Becoming the most reliable JRPG series aside from Etrian Odyssey

I tend to think the voice work and dialog is pretty good in Tales games. The skits are generally exceptional for just expanding the characters personalities.
    What I have seen and done to achieve my position defies belief. What I am capable of and will be party to in order to retain it would chill your soul.

The nice thing about Tales is that if you don't like one of the character's outfits, you'll be able to change it sooner or later. That's what I did with Judith in Vesperia (she got the fully-armored treatment and looked great that way) and will probably do with Milla. I also agree with Typhaon on the dialogue and voice work, though I admit that the dialogue in Graces could be pretty bad at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    The nice thing about Tales is that if you don't like one of the character's outfits, you'll be able to change it sooner or later. That's what I did with Judith in Vesperia (she got the fully-armored treatment and looked great that way) and will probably do with Milla. I also agree with Typhaon on the dialogue and voice work, though I admit that the dialogue in Graces could be pretty bad at times.
    SOmetimes bad is not meant to be what we think of bad but bad for mroe so over the top and amusing. It's like the anime All Purpose Combat Unit Shinesman. The dub is horrible, but it's horrible on purpose so it can be funny
    27 years of gaming and still going strong

and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

I was talking more about the writing than the dub, and not the localization, either. The funny parts were usually good, but the more serious parts of Graces were hit or miss, especially the parts in which everyone misses painfully obvious clues as to what's going on.

Anyway, let's get back to Xillia so as not to go too off-topic.
    Last edited by Ocelot; 06-09-2013 at 08:02 AM.