Thread: Pokémon X/Y Introduces New Type, Pokégotchi - E3

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Pokémon X/Y Introduces New Type, Pokégotchi - E3

Looking for some fairies that don't bravely default? Always wanted to pet a Pikachu but were worried about the static cling? Pokémon has you covered.
    Last edited by Ocelot; 06-11-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Oh good, fairy is a thing, and it looks like they will be rebranding some of the older Pokemon from the fairy egg group and beyond. There's something incredibly magical about Gardevoir using a super-effective STAB on Hydreigon--now it'll be hard to choose between "her" and Gallade.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    It's nice that they're moving some Pokemon out of the oversaturated Normal, Psychic, and Water groups into Fairy.

Also, Poke-Aime looks gosh-darn adorable.
    Last edited by Ocelot; 06-11-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    Oh my... im 33 and still addicted to pokemon games... what is wrong with me!?!

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    According to that Pokemon Round-Table last night, the Fairy type was introduced to balance out Dragon types. Despite having two weaknesses, the power of many popular Dragon type is staggering. Many are Pseudo-Legendary (Dragonite, Salamance, Hydreigon, Garchomp), and outright Legendary. I'll be looking into having either a Fairy type or some Fairy types moves on my Pokemon once I get the game.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    Oh my, according to the Japanese article on Famitsu, X/Y will have seven-language support. O_O

And then there are the "herd" battles, where you face down a large group of pokemon all at once...

Do we have an English name for that new bat-like Flying/Dragon type yet? I definitely want him on the team.

onburn.jpg

That would be Noivern. (Noise + Wyvern)
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

UGH!

This game looks awesome. New type to help even the odds even more! I imagine that Fairy type will be weak to poison and steel. Those two types needs more strengths! lol

Unfortunately now that my gf saw this video she wants the game as much as I do...which means....we need another 3DS.

Hopefully some package deal comes out with a game I want so I can kill two birds with one stone!