Thread: Millennium Girl Prepares for Overseas Travel

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff

Millennium Girl Prepares for Overseas Travel

Atlus has revealed that the newest chapter in the Etrian Odyssey saga will be making its way to North America. Just who is this Millennium Girl, and what does she want with your team?

Thingy

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    I've barely played Etrian Odyssey IV and this is already on the horizon... Atlus is working too fast. I need to catch up.

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    Hmmm...if this is a full blown EO game, it may be too much, too fast. I'm interested though...might be something outside of the box.

Isn't this just a remake of the first EO with some extra stuff?

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by smacd View Post
    Isn't this just a remake of the first EO with some extra stuff?
    It's a remake of the first game, and then there is a story mode that delves into the background of the Yggdrasil tree. Not sure how in-depth that is, but I imagine it's still a decent length.

Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderator ChickenGod's Avatar
    Yeah, I for one am pretty hyped about Millennium Girl. Loved EO4 to death, and this looks like its going to keep most of the positive elements from that game in. Not to mention I remember next to nothing about EO1 anymore. Added Expert mode makes me happy too.

My main concerns, frivolous though they may be, involve naming and the portraits. For example, can you rename the story characters like you can in Unchained Blades? Are they going to keep the naming restrictions from the previous one? Are there going to be any new portraits for the classic story mode, especially if new classes are being added? If you can actually rename the story characters it would be icing on the cake, since they have head and shoulders the best character portraits.
    Last edited by ChickenGod; 06-11-2013 at 04:06 PM.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff 7thCircle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jcservant View Post
    Hmmm...if this is a full blown EO game, it may be too much, too fast. I'm interested though...might be something outside of the box.
    I know what you mean. Atlus is putting out 4 dungeon crawlers this year: Soul Hackers, EO4, SMT 4, and Millinium Girl. That, plus Class of Heroes 2 and Unchained Blades already out, is too much for me in such a short timespan. I love this genre, but I'll have to pass on some of these until 2014 or 2015 because I can't do six in a year.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    I like the idea of a story mode. So I may try this one out. I enjoyed the first Etrian Odyssey, but the difficulty threw me off a bit.