Thread: 4 Screens - Tales of Symphonia Chronicles - E3

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

4 Screens - Tales of Symphonia Chronicles - E3

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles is still a working title, but it's all we're going to get for now. At least we know this HD compilation is coming out here, and we've got some pretty screenshots, too.

[4 Screens]

Very Special Tales Thread Rule: The expression of happiness that this game is coming out here is NOT license to use this thread to complain about Tales games that have not come out here. Save that drama for your llama, not this board.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I'm pretty stoked for this. This is a remake of my first Tales game, and so far favorite. Tales has easily replaced Final Fantasy as my main RPG series of choice. I need to go back and check out all the ones I missed.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smacd View Post
    I'm pretty stoked for this. This is a remake of my first Tales game, and so far favorite. Tales has easily replaced Final Fantasy as my main RPG series of choice. I need to go back and check out all the ones I missed.
    It's too bad you didn't join this board in 2010. We played through the whole franchise one month at a time.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    I already want this, and there are few things they could do to make me want this anymore than I do already.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

chaotic neutral observer ironmage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Very Special Tales Thread Rule: The expression of happiness that this game is coming out here is NOT license to use this thread to complain about Tales games that have not come out here. Save that drama for your llama, not this board.
    Be careful where you point that thing. The fact that such a rule was needed piqued my curiosity, and led to me trying Tales of Graces f.

Now I'm playing my third Tales game, and have another four backlogged (it should be five, but I think Eternia got lost in the mail. Two of them will be superceded by this collection).

I hope that whoever invented that rule takes responsibility for this.

ironmage, you have not seen the Tales of Angry People Who Want More Tales of Games skits that played out before the introduction of that rule. That rule saves Tales threads, typically.

Also, this and Xillia will sit nicely alongside my Graces f. I'm looking forward to it.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

Quote Originally Posted by lolwhoops View Post
    ironmage, you have not seen the Tales of Angry People Who Want More Tales of Games skits that played out before the introduction of that rule. That rule saves Tales threads, typically.
    No, that was before my time. This forum is usually quite well mannered, so its hard to imagine things getting out of hand like that.

I guess this means I owe my Tales addiction to a bunch of anonymous angry people. Cool.

I never did finish the game but when I played it on the Gamecube so I'm especially looking forward to this. (Syphonia kind of lost me the first time, it my first non-turnbased JRPG and it wasn't what I was expecting. Since then I've played Eternia, Abyss, Phantasia, Vesperia, and Graces f and other action RPGs of course)

Quote Originally Posted by ironmage View Post
    Be careful where you point that thing. The fact that such a rule was needed piqued my curiosity, and led to me trying Tales of Graces f.

Now I'm playing my third Tales game, and have another four backlogged (it should be five, but I think Eternia got lost in the mail. Two of them will be superceded by this collection).

I hope that whoever invented that rule takes responsibility for this.
    I am more than happy to take responsibility for introducing somebody to the excellent Tales series!

This was my fourth tales game but I did enjoy.
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

Updating our most recent Symphonia Chronicles news thread to note that Hideo Baba has announced dual audio for the game(s). Not really huge news for the front page, but I'm sure it will make some of you happy.

It cannot be accurately described how ridiculously stoked I am for this! I actually really enjoyed Dawn, so it will be cool to play it on my preferred system! And oh to revisit Symphonia!

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Updating our most recent Symphonia Chronicles news thread to note that Hideo Baba has announced dual audio for the game(s). Not really huge news for the front page, but I'm sure it will make some of you happy.
    I generally prefer Japanese audio with subtitles, but I wonder how well this would work for a Tales game. The dialog snippets in mid-battle and during the victory screen don't seem to be subtitled, and I think I'd miss them (in my current playthrough of Vesperia/PS3, I can understand maybe half of the victory screens, but practically none of the in-battle speech).

I like having the option, but my Japanese isn't yet at the level where I would catch something like Pascal's "group hug in the heal ring!"