Thread: E3 - Pokémon Roundtable Summary Video

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

E3 - Pokémon Roundtable Summary Video

Nintendo invited the press for a long chat to talk about nothing but Pokémon for the better part of an hour at E3. The company released this video to calm down the fans who are burning with envy because they couldn't attend.

[Link]

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    I just read something that most summaries (including the video) left out of their description. When the developers showcased PokeAime at the roundtable, the noises the Pokemon made were similar to the sound effects in the anime instead of the old, old, ancient in the case of gen 1, digitized sound effects. If those are in for PokeAime, I assume they're in for the entire game. HOLY SHIZNIT!

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

holy crapper! That sounds awesome!
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    Wait...so you're saying that in the game, they will sound like they do in the cartoon?!? I would so buy it for that alone!!

It's not confirmed for anything but Poke-Amie, the Tamagotchi/Nintendogs friendship mini-game, since in the trailers, Pokemon still use the old sounds in battle. However, those sounds could be placeholders as Game Freak incorporates the new sounds into the game, which is what I'm hoping. It's about time we got rid of those old things.

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    Totally agreed, Ocelot. I know that updating the pokemon battle sounds would go a long way to me wanting to give the game a try.

The groups of pokemon as random battles is great. More experience for my squad!

Also, I would love to see what this Fairy type strength and weakness will be. They say that the types are balanced, but everyone knows that certain types are less then stellar.

A Familiar Teacher Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Well Pikachu clearly has its anime voice in the Pokemon-Amie section of the E3 trailer. The other Pokemon have their in-game cries, including first and second-geners Snorlax and Tyranitar with their tinny Game Boy cries.

I mean, it's possible they're place holders in the trailers, but it's also probable that only Pikachu gets to say its name since its the mascot of the franchise. I would be happy if Game Freak just replaced the gen 1-3 Pokemon cries with the animal-like cries in Pokemon Stadium (or similar sound effects).
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

My source on the sounds was at the Developer Roundtable, so he saw more Pokes in Pokemon-Amie than we did in the E3 trailer. The official Pokemon Twitter didn't answer me when I asked it about the sounds, so I guess we'll have to wait and see!