Thread: E3 Impression - Dark Souls II

E3 Impression - Dark Souls II

What was more frightening for our own Emanuel Merino: trying to cover E3 alone or attempting to survive in Dark Souls II? We'll let you know the answer once he stops sobbing in the corner.

Impression
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Dual wielding seems cool but with this series reputation and your lack of experience with it you shoulda grabbed yourself a shield. I mean, you still would've died a bunch probably but it would definitely help.

I also would like to hear a bit about the environment they had you running through. I'm mostly curious if it retains the same interconnectedness of the first game which a demo is likely too short to figure out but whatever you can tell us about it would be awesome.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar
    I didn't pick a dual wielder I picked the templar and I had literally 5 mins or less to play before I had to run to see the witcher.

I guess I misinterpreted the axe and halberd thing. Pictured a firewood hatchet in one hand and a big ole pole axe in the other. Too bad you couldn't get a bit more time with it but being a one man band down there this year I'm glad you could get us something.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass

Shoot... wish I could've been there to win a shirt. I got Dark Souls on every platform. Every achievement on PC/360 (lent out my PS3 copy before getting them all). Done multiple "no-leveling" playthroughs. I'd like to think I could take out the boss... I dunno though, failure is instructive. I did a lot better in Dark Souls than I did in Demon's Souls when I first went through that. Capra was still giving me trouble my first couple playthroughs (especially in no-level games) when other bosses like Ms. Q, etc. had become trivial. If it wasn't challenging those low-level games wouldn't really be achievements in any real way either.