Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7 Worlds That Should Be In Kingdom Hearts III - Editorial

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar

7 Worlds That Should Be In Kingdom Hearts III - Editorial

Seven years after the release of Kingdom Hearts II, Square Enix has finally decided to stop with the spin-offs and give us a proper, third entry. But what Disney worlds will they use this time?

Read the editorial here
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

I'd be fine with a Tron Legacy world, or something tied into Wreck-It Ralph. Admitedly, I only really want this so Yoko Shimomura can do some collaboration work with Daft Punk.

Speaking of Ralph, if he can end up in a Sega Cart Racer, then he can be in Kingdom Hearts.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    I have to agree with all those, especially since they're some pretty bigname movies that could work with it.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Wreck-It Ralph would be an excellent fit. There are enough original characters in the movie that the licensed ones can just be left out, I imagine.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

I agree with all of those and I think Wreck It Ralph would be perfect for this game.

After acquiring Lucasfilm, did they also acquire the rights to Indiana Jones as well as Star Wars?

I mean, I have no intention of playing KH3 as I figure it will be just as incomprehensible as KH2 was without playing the side games. But if I did choose a world, I'd go with Indiana Jones. The keyblade could be a whip!

Wreck-It Ralph would be a whole Kingdom Hearts game in itself as in that story all game worlds are linked together anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    I'd be fine with a Tron Legacy world, or something tied into Wreck-It Ralph. Admitedly, I only really want this so Yoko Shimomura can do some collaboration work with Daft Punk.

Speaking of Ralph, if he can end up in a Sega Cart Racer, then he can be in Kingdom Hearts.
    They already used Tron Legacy in Dream Drop Distance, and not only did they not use any of Daft Punk's music, it was the only world to be composed by Takeharu Ishimoto and not Shimomura. The tracks were fine I suppose, but that was such a missed opportunity.

One world that is almost guaranteed to appear at this point is Jungle Book. They've made several attempts to include it in the past, but they keep nixing it for one reason or another. You can actually explore a tiny area in Birth by Sleep if you hack the game.

Robin Hood is another good choice that I hadn't thought of myself prior to reading this editorial. Those other ones might be a bit tricky, though. In a recent interview Nomura mentioned that whenever Disney acquired a new studio, he'd make some phone calls in order to find out if he could use their properties. Responses ranged from "eh, maybe" to "absolutely not." I'm guessing Pixar falls in the "maybe" camp whereas Lucasfilm and Marvel are "absolutely not" cases. Toy Story almost seems like a given at this point, though. It's just too iconic of a movie, and I'm guessing they simply didn't wanna have Pixar debut in a handheld game.

Personally I'd like to see them add that Return to Oz movie from the '80s (never gonna happen with Disney's recent Oz reboot -- plus, that movie is extremely obscure), Tim Burton's Alice (tricky since the original Alice is already part of KH canon, but not impossible), and The Incredibles.

Why not some Final Fantasy themed worlds for a change? Or did I miss something that prohibits Kingdom Hearts games from branching out like that?

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    The Kingdom World would implode from the coolness if they allowed a FF themed world...duh!! :P

Just give me Kain as a party member in this game dag nabbit!

Honestly, it looks like the series has done its best to move as far away from FF as it can in more recent entries, in lieu of Nomura's original characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Clix View Post
    Honestly, it looks like the series has done its best to move as far away from FF as it can in more recent entries, in lieu of Nomura's original characters.
    I agree somewhat. I think the FF characters have already moved to the background, and I would like to see Goofy/Donald/Mickey do the same. However I wouldn't want to see them completely cut out. I'd rather see my party and plot made up of original characters with just a cameo here and there.

Hard to argue with the Worlds mentioned so far (although I'm not onboard with Star Wars yet). But I'd add:
    Tangled - I'm a Disney traditionalist, and I think there's enough there
    Miyazaki - May not be possible, but that's my dream choice
    FF World - Yes, please.

I'd like to see some worlds based on some of the disney live action movies I swear a black and write level based on "The Absent Minded Professor" and "Son of Fluber" would be pretty fun as puzzle action levels. Also a Herbie Racing/action level would be fun!
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon

My VAPS Entry,

I'd play a Kingdom Hearts game set in Nutzi Land.
    Last edited by Drav; 06-14-2013 at 07:28 PM.

i can post! thanx paws! Maudren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drav View Post
    I'd play a Kingdom Hearts game set in Nutzi Land.
    don't forget this gem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQdcfiOcntg

Imagine Sora trying to save Hanz from becoming a nazi, or Sora and the gang going undercover as young nazis so they can infiltrate their army and kill hitler or something.

DO IT SE. DO IT!
    Last edited by Maudren; 06-14-2013 at 07:53 PM.
    sup?

Seriously? There are mostly good picks, but I still can't see how you could choose 7 worlds and leave out St. Canard. Darkwing Duck as a PC has been number one on my wishlist for KH since the first installment.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post
    Seriously? There are mostly good picks, but I still can't see how you could choose 7 worlds and leave out St. Canard. Darkwing Duck as a PC has been number one on my wishlist for KH since the first installment.
    Most of the Disney Afternoon/Saturday morning stuff would make good worlds which makes me wonder why those haven't been done-

Dunwin- Gummy Bears (great for adventure)
    Duckburg- team up with Scrooge. Hey we already have a Ducktales NES remake comming
    New York/chip's house- Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers. Help'em solve a case!
    Cape Suzette- Tail Spin. The Air Pirates would make good foes!
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon

My VAPS Entry,

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Most of the Disney Afternoon/Saturday morning stuff would make good worlds which makes me wonder why those haven't been done-

Dunwin- Gummy Bears (great for adventure)
    Duckburg- team up with Scrooge. Hey we already have a Ducktales NES remake comming
    New York/chip's house- Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers. Help'em solve a case!
    Cape Suzette- Tail Spin. The Air Pirates would make good foes!
    I'd like to see those as well as a Phineas & Ferb world.

There is a good cross-marketing opportunity there, so I'd put my money on that one.

To make it more interesting, they should make it so that Donald somehow gets mistaken for Scrooge and inherits his wealth...or something.