Thread: E3 - Van Helsing's Incredible Adventures to Continue

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar

E3 - Van Helsing's Incredible Adventures to Continue

Van Helsing is a busy monster hunter. Just after his first collection of incredible adventures was completed, he has already been called upon to embark on another set.

[ Story ]
    "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

I noticed this game is only available on Steam, any idea if there are plans to make a Steam-independent version?

That's surprising they've already announced a sequel. Must be doing quite well on Steam.

I'm still waiting for for the XBLA version I heard was coming for the first game. I'm a bit excited for this game, but I don't plan on getting back into PC gaming until late next year.

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smacd View Post
    That's surprising they've already announced a sequel. Must be doing quite well on Steam.

I'm still waiting for for the XBLA version I heard was coming for the first game. I'm a bit excited for this game, but I don't plan on getting back into PC gaming until late next year.
    I believe it was intended to be a trilogy from the start, but yeah it is a little surprising how quickly the announcement came. Ah well, as shown I definitely enjoyed the first one but be interesting to see if there's much improvement or if it ends up being simply more of the same.
    "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Hallo,
    I have to admit at first I really enjoyed Van Hellsing TIA. and mostly I agree with the review. But at some point the challenge goes a bit stale with just wading through waves of monsters. The set items seem to be a bit thin on the ground to collect. For its price, it's a pretty nice game and there are hints of Witcher goodness in theme, but I will not be buying/playing he next one.
    Sad but maybe I'm biased as I was still addicted to Path of Exiles and its crazy mixture of Final Fantasy 7 esque skill tree and interesting itemization and slotted skill system. That is because it's much closer to being the Diablo 2 sequel that I wanted and I kept going back to PoE rather than finishing Van Helsing(but eventually I did).