Thread: E3 - Van Helsing's Incredible Adventures to Continue

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar

E3 - Van Helsing's Incredible Adventures to Continue

Van Helsing is a busy monster hunter. Just after his first collection of incredible adventures was completed, he has already been called upon to embark on another set.

[ Story ]
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

I noticed this game is only available on Steam, any idea if there are plans to make a Steam-independent version?

That's surprising they've already announced a sequel. Must be doing quite well on Steam.

I'm still waiting for for the XBLA version I heard was coming for the first game. I'm a bit excited for this game, but I don't plan on getting back into PC gaming until late next year.

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smacd View Post
    That's surprising they've already announced a sequel. Must be doing quite well on Steam.

I'm still waiting for for the XBLA version I heard was coming for the first game. I'm a bit excited for this game, but I don't plan on getting back into PC gaming until late next year.
    I believe it was intended to be a trilogy from the start, but yeah it is a little surprising how quickly the announcement came. Ah well, as shown I definitely enjoyed the first one but be interesting to see if there's much improvement or if it ends up being simply more of the same.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Hallo,
    I have to admit at first I really enjoyed Van Hellsing TIA. and mostly I agree with the review. But at some point the challenge goes a bit stale with just wading through waves of monsters. The set items seem to be a bit thin on the ground to collect. For its price, it's a pretty nice game and there are hints of Witcher goodness in theme, but I will not be buying/playing he next one.
    Sad but maybe I'm biased as I was still addicted to Path of Exiles and its crazy mixture of Final Fantasy 7 esque skill tree and interesting itemization and slotted skill system. That is because it's much closer to being the Diablo 2 sequel that I wanted and I kept going back to PoE rather than finishing Van Helsing(but eventually I did).