Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zeboyd Announces Cosmic Star Heroine

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Zeboyd Announces Cosmic Star Heroine

Betrayed by her own government, super-spy Alyssa L'Salle is on the run - the turn-based run, of course. That's right, it's time for a new classic-style RPG from Zeboyd Games.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

That might finally be a Zeboyd game again that I actually enjoy.

Sounds like a cross between Chrono Trigger and Suikoden. I like it!

My only issue with the indie channel these days is you need a connection to play the games.

My only issue with the indie channel these days is you need a connection to play the games.
    I'm sure it will be released for different platforms this time, because of:
    Created with Unity so that we can cover more platforms

New Member Member bill_at_zeboyd's Avatar
    PC is a certainty. We're going to be targetting other platforms (PS4, Vita as well as Mac) initially as well; any other platforms we are going to see what we can do once we have a better grip on Unity.

XBLIG has been kind to us in the past, even if it's not a "huge" platform. But with the next gen launching and Microsoft's decision to stop supporting XNA, we think now is a good time to move on.

Ultimately PC is a certainty if nothing else though!

Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    I'm sure it will be released for different platforms this time, because of:
    On the other hand, they've mentioned in the past that they are unlikely to put the game on XBLIG or mobile platforms due to the performance of those platforms with respect to PC sales for the last few games. PC is pretty much a sure shot, and it sounded like Vita would possibly be a target platform as well. Who knows at this point, I don't think they've really decided.

I am interested!

Although this is not a parody RPG like many of Zeboyd's previous titles...
    This, admittedly, is the main reason I haven't been interested in previous Zeboyd titles. I'm just not into parody in my video games.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    I like what I read and see.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

PC is a certainty. We're going to be targetting other platforms (PS4, Vita as well as Mac) initially as well
    Ooh. No memory restrictions on this one. Does this mean we're getting a nice, lengthy RPG this time?

Although I don't like the idea of playing on PC, and it will be a while before I pick up a PS4.
    Last edited by TG Barighm; 06-25-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TG Barighm View Post
    Ooh. No memory restrictions on this one. Does this mean we're getting a nice, lengthy RPG this time?
    Memory restrictions don't have any effect on the length of our games.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.

Is that a no?

looks very interesting. Hope it comes to psn.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau

Sounds awesome to me ! ah cannae wait!

Is that a no?
    We really have no idea how long a game is going to be until it's almost done.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.

New Member Member bill_at_zeboyd's Avatar
    At best we can guesstimate on game length.

But mainly what we want to avoid - regardless of "length" - is a game that feels like a slog. We want the game's pacing to be smooth and brisk and continuously present the player with interesting new characters, battles, choices, etc.

Personally, I'm mostly fine with the length of Zeboyd's games so far. If anything, PA3 and PA4 were a tad too long for me.

I guess my tolerance for length of RPGs has dropped dramatically in the last few years. I'd be completely fine with what Bill describes, even if it only clocks in at 5-10 hours. Too many modern games really overstay their welcome by dragging on.

Yeah, but when a game is really good, you don't want it to end. At the very least, not end too soon.

Yeah, but when a game is really good, you don't want it to end. At the very least, not end too soon.
    Our focus with this game is quality more than length but I would like to set things up in such a way that it becomes our most replayable game to date.

Yeah seriously, I know that if you really love a game you want it to never end, but making games longer is not always a good thing. Anything longer than 30 hours usually just gets boring. Besides it always matters how much the game costs in that regard. If it doesn't cost more than $1 per hour of gameplay then that's perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bill_at_zeboyd View Post
    At best we can guesstimate on game length.

But mainly what we want to avoid - regardless of "length" - is a game that feels like a slog. We want the game's pacing to be smooth and brisk and continuously present the player with interesting new characters, battles, choices, etc.
    Did I read that right? "Choices"? Reactivity and choice tend not to be large elements in classic-style jrpgs. Is there shift in design philosophy away from more linear titles here?