Thread: RPG Backtrack: Episode 96 - La Makai Phantom World

Cosmo Nova RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar

RPG Backtrack: Episode 96 - La Makai Phantom World

A little girl with the ability to put spirits into objects, a foolish demon who almost burns his dimension out of existence, multiple consumers of the world, and a place with a certain je ne sais quoi. All came from NIS and involve various amounts of strategic thinking to succeed.
    Darn those world eaters!
    'The Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread.' So this is it, huh folks?

Devious Dungeon Master RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    Hope y'all like it...even if it becomes a WEEEE heated at some points! Hahahah. It's all good. It's all RPGBacktrack!!

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Hi, this is your neighborhood Wheels reminding you to buy Phantom Brave!

On my rambling review rant: Just know that wasn't directed at any response on these forums, I was actually looking at gamefaqs when I started that whole thing.
    Last edited by Ocelot; 07-02-2013 at 09:42 AM. Reason: He meant to say "wasn't" ;)

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    FYI guys, Mastiff still exists~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastiff_%28company%29

In fact, La Pucelle ended up on PSN as a PS2 Classic very recently! As did Gungrave Overdose as well.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    FYI guys, Mastiff still exists~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastiff_%28company%29

In fact, La Pucelle ended up on PSN as a PS2 Classic very recently! As did Gungrave Overdose as well.
    Hey, stop distracting people from the one game they should be buying from PSN

PHANTOM BRAVE :P

I own Phantom Brave for PS2, but stopped playing it years ago when I couldn't beat the final boss (which was a sudden difficulty spike). Maybe it will pop up on a Year Of eventually...

But Mike's outro left me with the distinct impression that those over-rated Nazgūl were weak to scissors.

I wouldn't say a Monk, Ranger, Red Mage, Dragoon is a bad party for a FFV Four Job Fiesta. (It might call it a mid-tier party though.)
    Monk and Red Mage pretty much rule the early game. While very late game you could have !DualCast or the Ranger's !RapidFire.

As for healing; I imagine Red Mage is the 4th best job available (after White Mage, Chemist & Blue Mage), especially if they get !DualCast. Other parties would probably have to rely purely on Elixir stocks anyway.

Note: Neo Exdeath is mostly a pain when you have the last part spamming attacks, so try to kill the last two simultaneously.