Thread: Tales of Xillia 2 Coming West

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Tales of Xillia 2 Coming West

It is becoming increasingly difficult for Tales fans to claim that Namco Bandai feeds on their tears. Tales of Xillia 2 will arrive in the West just a year after Tales of Xillia.

Very Special Tales Thread Rule:

No griping about unlocalized Tales games here.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Thats pretty cool news, gives me more then enough time to beat the first and then get the second one.
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderator ChickenGod's Avatar
    Cool news I suppose. Some people say good things about Xillia 2, but I just have to wonder how it stands up a sequel. Hopefully ToX2 is of higher quality than other sequels of this type have been thus far.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    This pleases me. Soon all our Tales-related dreams will come true possibly?
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

My excitement is tempered until I actually play the first one (and the poor pattern of any sequel), but sounds like good news specifically and great news on a larger Tales scope.

Eh, figured this was going to happen. ToX2 does a better job of [DATA REDACTED] than say, FFXIII-2.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Can't wait to play the 1st one, and now we already know the 2nd is coming too. This is good news indeed.

Called it. We're getting a lot of Tales love lately.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    I figured it would be this, but this, it's surprising that they're not even waiting to see how Xillia 1 does before announcing this one. Good signs.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte View Post
    I figured it would be this, but this, it's surprising that they're not even waiting to see how Xillia 1 does before announcing this one. Good signs.
    They probably have a pretty good idea based on preorders

Is this the year of RPGs? It's been a good year for gaming.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

GREAT! I'll skip Xillia and buy Symphonia Collection. Aw, what the hell, I'll skip that one and just get Xillia 2. Or maybe i should skip that one and wait for their PS4 game?

Well, I know I'll be getting this game when it comes. There's only been one tales game that I've played that I didn't really like (Legendia). I do have to play Abyss though. With Symphonia collection coming it seems like every 6 months or so I'll get a Tales game to play.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

Definitely a good year to be a Tales fan. I'll be buying this and Symphonia HD and I'll buy them in any collectors versions they might have.
    What I have seen and done to achieve my position defies belief. What I am capable of and will be party to in order to retain it would chill your soul.

Yay!! i can't wait. I loved Graces F. The news of this coming early next month and the Symphonia HD remake has really made my year. ^ ^
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau

Quote Originally Posted by Ryumoau View Post
    Yay!! i can't wait. I loved Graces F. The news of this coming early next month and the Symphonia HD remake has really made my year. ^ ^
    Thats Xillia 1 coming next month, Xillia 2 (this one) is out next year
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

Definitely seems like Namco-Bandai are loading up on the Tales releases in the West. Seems like a smart idea. There's definitely room for a "major series" JRPG with regular releases with Final Fantasy becoming few and far between and other series taking their time. There's a market there to grab.
    Final Night

Currently Playing: Persona 4 Golden

twitter.com/final_night

Kind of expected it but still awesome! Will probably skip the Symphonia HD collection though. Beat the first one on the GC years ago twice and the Wii sequel was horrible.

Very good news indeed.
    Its a good time to be a Tales fan.

Sweet. With 4 Tales games now, I'm as good as sold on finally getting a PS3. Unless this Gaikai think will allow me to get the games digitally and play on a PS4. I wish we knew more about that.