Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Limited Edition Announced

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Limited Edition Announced

You're not really interested in the art book are you? No, you're waiting to see the HA HA HA scene in full HD glory. Sadly, the trailer doesn't have that, but it is pretty.

[NEWS]

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

I am interested in the art book... Although I own the ps2 version, I believe Square has peaked my interest enough to justify the re-purchase.

The new Tidus looks like a gayer Ellen Degeneres.

Quote Originally Posted by MC_HAMMERPANTS View Post
    The new Tidus looks like a gayer Ellen Degeneres.
    Is that an improvement from his previous Meg Ryan look?

i'm sad that i really want this. The Kingdom Hearts 1.5 thing is easy enough to resist, but FF10 is still one of my favourites.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

I will have no problem skipping this whatsoever. Mostly because X is my second least favorite FF. Didn't mind X-2 much but once was enough.

The upgrade looks pretty decent, but while the video didn't give us the weird laughing scene, it did give us Creepy-Blinker Tidus. I could do without seeing that ever again.

Not interested, but I did like the split screen video. Of course, with TZ playing in the background, Zork HD would look good.

Need a "forever alone" image for the Vita

As I said on the Twitters, I hope this is the entire first printing so I can get a free upgrade on my preorder. Sadly, I don't think SE is as generous as Namco, Atlus et al with these things.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

where did you pre-order from Shaymin? (you seem to be in the same province as me!) EBgames.ca seems to have it as the only option right now, so I assume all first runs are the limited one.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

I'd want this but that wonderful Japanese VO at the end and that we can't have nice things like that means i have no interest.

Reality is there's an un-dubbed ISO sitting on my Hard-drive, with an emulator which will upscale the resolution to HD, and a widescreen hack to go with it. So maybe the official PS3 version will have 'SLIGHTLY' more polish in terms of new textures, but mine is still HD widescreen and it has the Japanese VO.

PC WINS.

Outside the fact that yours is illegal sure.
    What I have seen and done to achieve my position defies belief. What I am capable of and will be party to in order to retain it would chill your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by lolwhoops View Post
    where did you pre-order from Shaymin? (you seem to be in the same province as me!) EBgames.ca seems to have it as the only option right now, so I assume all first runs are the limited one.
    FutureShop ($26.66 thanks to an E3 promo). They just have the one version as well.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    I'm only really interested in playing this on the Vita so meh the PS3 LE, if they did release a similar double-pack for with the separated Vita versions it would be tempting.
    "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Quote Originally Posted by NefarioCall View Post
    I'd want this but that wonderful Japanese VO at the end and that we can't have nice things like that means i have no interest.

Reality is there's an un-dubbed ISO sitting on my Hard-drive, with an emulator which will upscale the resolution to HD, and a widescreen hack to go with it. So maybe the official PS3 version will have 'SLIGHTLY' more polish in terms of new textures, but mine is still HD widescreen and it has the Japanese VO.

PC WINS.
    Really? I've listened to both voice casts, and, honestly, both are just plain awful--this was Square's first time tackling voice acting. The original Japanese cast is boring, and it really, really shows that this was Morita's first role (and I honestly don't think he ever got that much better). The English dub, meanwhile, was equally bad due to bad ADR (see Burress's performance for Yuna). Honestly, if forced to pick one, I'd go with the English version, because McKenzie and Strong put in damn good performances for Auron and Rikku (as opposed to the more phoned-in approaches of Ishikawa and Matsumoto, respectively).

That said, dual audio would be nice just because more choices are a nice thing. But, for this chase in particular, it's not as significant of an issue as it is in more low-budget dubbing "efforts."
    Last edited by Clix; 07-10-2013 at 03:55 AM.

I've got my PS2 hooked up to my HDTV and it actually looks pretty decent. Don't see a reason to go in for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Clix View Post
    That said, dual audio would be nice just because more choices are a nice thing. But, for this chase in particular, it's not as significant of an issue as it is in more low-budget dubbing "efforts."
    Yeah, you're right. It's a much larger issue in Baten Kaitos (although you can mute it in that one). I'm just shaking a stick in general these days at any game which doesn't have the option. FF13 is also English only. I understand there are some barriers legally in bringing us the Japanese VO, but it's 2013. They ought to have figured out how to do it by now.

The audience who will buy a game solely because it has JP VAs (and would not if it only had English) does not equal the cost of buying the rights. However, that's a topic for its own thread.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clix View Post
    Is that an improvement from his previous Meg Ryan look?
    It'd be an improvement if he could be voiced by Ellen.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    It'd be an improvement if he could be voiced by Ellen.
    Oh Ocelot, how you make me laugh.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.