Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Club Nintendo Offers Special RPG Deal

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Club Nintendo Offers Special RPG Deal

Here's some good news for anybody put off by SMT IV's $50 price tag. If you also own the latest Fire Emblem (and you totally should), you can get $30 in eShop credit out of your purchase.

[Linky!]

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

This will pay for the DLC I plan on getting for both games. Maybe even have some left over. Pretty excited, since I am getting both games anyway.

This is great news. I'll be using mine for Project X Zone- been going back and forth on that one since it came out. Such a relief to have that decision made.

Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderator ChickenGod's Avatar
    Can someone explain to me how this works if you already own Fire Emblem but did not have a Club Nintendo account at the time of purchasing the Digital version?

The instructions say: Link your Nintendo 3DS system to your Club Nintendo account before you buy the game.
    There is an additional bullet point that says: Sign into Club Nintendo and complete your registration surveys by August 31st.

Am I out of luck or can I follow the second bullet point to somehow register Fire Emblem? I've seen a few conflicting reports and there is nothing clear cut that seems to clarify what to do in this sort of situation.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach

If you create a club nintendo account now, and link to your 3DS, does a registration survey get added to your To Do list on Club Nintendo's website? If not, you might be SOL, but I'd try contacting Nintendo about it.

Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderator ChickenGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smacd View Post
    If you create a club nintendo account now, and link to your 3DS, does a registration survey get added to your To Do list on Club Nintendo's website? If not, you might be SOL, but I'd try contacting Nintendo about it.
    Nope, the survey hasn't appeared. Granted, I've only waited about 20 to 30 minutes, so maybe it'll appear within a day. Or maybe the website's bullet point holds true about needing to link your 3DS to your Club Nintendo account before you buy digital.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach

man, that really sucks chickengod. My girlfriend bought New Super Mario Bros. 2 for the 3DS and didn't connect hers to the Club Nintendo and we haven't gotten it retroactively. I think that you need to do it before.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

dont care physical copies are worth more to me than saving $30 wait nvm you can use it for dlc so maybe i am interested
    Last edited by AncientRune; 07-10-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AncientRune View Post
    dont care physical copies are worth more to me than saving $30
    You get the deal with physical copies as long as you register them with Club Nintendo...

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenGod View Post
    Nope, the survey hasn't appeared. Granted, I've only waited about 20 to 30 minutes, so maybe it'll appear within a day. Or maybe the website's bullet point holds true about needing to link your 3DS to your Club Nintendo account before you buy digital.
    You can always contact Nintendo Support and ask. They're very friendly and it couldn't hurt!

New Member Member
    they are friendly staff

So awesome! Done and done! haha. I really hope lots of people take advantage of this offer so these awesome games get into a bunch more people's hands

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    I suppose now would be as good a time as any for me to create a Club Nintendo account.

Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem. Now there's an strange set of series. XD
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

i think this is to help build up a following for the other franchise. Like, Fire Emblem fans being given reason to try SMT and vice versa so they can have a bigger base to release the FE x SMT crossover game they announced. If anything would get people considering the other game (other than both getting pretty good reviews) it would be a nice eshop credit for buying both. Plus it rewards fans of both who would get the two games anyway. I hope this really does help both games sell more because FE Awakening is an awesome game that should be played and SMT IV is likely awesome as well.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    this seemed like just a really cool promo. Then I remembered SMT x FE is coming out soon-ish. Well played.

I was in the same boat as ChickenGod above, having bought Fire Emblem digitally earlier this year. I just gave Nintendo a call and they were able to register Fire Emblem manually on their end. They are indeed quite friendly.

My $30 will be gone on Mario & Luigi Dream Team or Pokeymans long before SMT x FE comes out.

Also, I'm about to edit the news story to reflect this, but I just noticed that the teensy weensy fine print at the bottom says that the credit can be used on either the Wii U eShop or the 3DS one. I assume once you claim it, you can't move it from one to the other, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Also, I'm about to edit the news story to reflect this, but I just noticed that the teensy weensy fine print at the bottom says that the credit can be used on either the Wii U eShop or the 3DS one. I assume once you claim it, you can't move it from one to the other, though.
    Yeah, they had the bullet point (I found it when this topic came up a few days ago on another thread). It says Wii U and 3DS, but I'd be surprised if it doesn't work on Wii and DSi as well (probably just trying to promote current consoles). It's very likely locked in to your console and non-transferable after that, and there is a deadline to use the code. But also, nothing stopping you from giving the code away or selling it instead, since there was no indication that it had to be used on a system tied to the specific Club Nintendo account.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AncientRune View Post
    dont care physical copies are worth more to me than saving $30 wait nvm you can use it for dlc so maybe i am interested
    There are always a few games that don't get physical releases, and sadly it'll probably be more and more common and time goes on. I'll probably use my $30 credit on Ace Attorney 5
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte View Post
    There are always a few games that don't get physical releases, and sadly it'll probably be more and more common and time goes on. I'll probably use my $30 credit on Ace Attorney 5
    That type of game, and VC games, are the only ones I'm going digital for. I really want Nintendo to build a better infrastructure and account system across multiple platforms like PSN seems to have before I start going more digital at this point. I have no problem with digital otherwise (hell, my entire PSP collection is digital so far, around 12 games)