Thread: OOO-yah - Currents

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff InstaTrent's Avatar

OOO-yah - Currents

The OUYA is now available and its reception has been…interesting. In this issue of Currents, Trent gives his impressions of the new Android console, Mattrick leaves Xbox, Sony cleans up spilt milk, and Tim Schafer needs more money.

Currents
    "To tell you the truth, I like drinking tea and eating fresh vegetables, but that doesn't fit with my super-cool attitude. I guess I have to accept this about myself."

Star Wars in Kingdom Hearts? Not as gross as Marvel characters in KH, but still eww-some.

My problem is if they go star wars they might go Jar jar. He was very side-kicky in the movie.

Honestly though, if they go KH1 route and have a semi-original story based in the world instead of the movie wannabe ones of KH2 then it would be rather sweet to jump into.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    I have a Virtual Boy in my Animal Crossing house! I put it in my Evil Robot Room. So at least Nintendo no longer pretends it never existed.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I had a virtual boy when they came out. And I have to be honest, I mean it was a pretty cool idea, but awful implementation. There really weren't any good games as far as I recall, definitely none I'd spend $5+ on a VC version of. The original Gameboy graphics were one thing, but having red monochrome is not something I want to re-live. Although it did have very basic 3D in it. I might bite, if they released some enhanced versions of the games that remove the monochrome and adds in a more eye-friendly color scheme. On the other hand, I don't think there was a single RPG released on the system, so probably not even then.

They announced Don's replacement, and much to the horror of all the sexist pig gamers out there, it's a woman. HOLY CRAP GUYS, IT'S A GIRL. SHE CAN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT GAMES.

chaotic neutral observer ironmage's Avatar
    Index corporation has registered persona5.jp, not persona5.com. At present, persona5.jp doesn't point anywhere, and persona5.com appears to be registered to a domain squatter.
    Only the livin' have the privilege of sayin' they'll fight ta the last breath.
    And words like conviction and resolve don't mean much to a dead man...
    --Raven (Tales of Vesperia)

Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    They announced Don's replacement, and much to the horror of all the sexist pig gamers out there, it's a woman. HOLY CRAP GUYS, IT'S A GIRL. SHE CAN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT GAMES.
    Don't over exaggerate and let the extreme vocal minority of anonymous posters dictate the bulk of male gamers. The vast majority of us don't care what gender the replacement is; we care about if they can get the job done.

It's such a high level executive position I doubt ANY of those guys (or gals) know anything about games.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    Don't over exaggerate and let the extreme vocal minority of anonymous posters dictate the bulk of male gamers. The vast majority of us don't care what gender the replacement is; we care about if they can get the job done.
    I didn't say men, I said sexist pig gamers, which is a gender-free zone. I've seen women upset about it too.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    I didn't say men, I said sexist pig gamers, which is a gender-free zone. I've seen women upset about it too.
    Besides, man or woman, nobody can pull the Xbox One out of the massive hole it's dug itself. It'd take a miracle at this point.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte View Post
    Besides, man or woman, nobody can pull the Xbox One out of the massive hole it's dug itself. It'd take a miracle at this point.
    So she's just another body for the grave then?

With regards to the kickstarter thing. It seems to me a lot of the big kickstarters are overambitious and grossly underestimate the necessary budget for their projects. It's like people that win the lotto and go broke.
    Last edited by watcher; 07-12-2013 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by watcher View Post
    So she's just another body for the grave then?

With regards to the kickstarter thing. It seems to me a lot of the big kickstarters are overambitious and grossly underestimate the necessary budget for their projects. It's like people that win the lotto and go broke.
    Well that has more to do with people having all this money to feed the vices
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte View Post
    Oh, it will have its audience. It will just have a difficult time pulling ahead of the PS4 at this point, especially with the $100 price difference. The Kinect had its time, but the dance game crowd is also the same crowd that a) won't be buying at launch and b) will be into the cheaper console when it does buy.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InstaTrent View Post
    [SIZE=2][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000]The OUYA is now available and its reception has been…interesting.
    That's a very, VERY diplomatic way of putting it. It's an absolute abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by Paws
    You joke, but I'm sure that's exactly the attitude of many idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Paws
    Wait... So women are upset that a woman is overseeing MS' hardware division? How does that even work?

The sexist men, however, are taking the far more predictable route of talking about their desire to screw Julie Larson-Green in the GameSpot comment section for this article.

Here's a fave I found pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke_69 on GameSpot
    I don't want to be one of those guys that... screw it, i want Julie Larson-Green to sit on my face, i love you even more now Microsoft.

Sony i like you but I'm sorry it's just not working out, just remember that it's not you it's me and that damn Xbox One with it's exclusives and that goddamn MILF

Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte
    As much as I'd enjoy MS being made to suffer, they'll have enough fanboys to scrape by. I'm just happy that the PS4 looks to be the likely winner by no small margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot
    Oh, it will have its audience. It will just have a difficult time pulling ahead of the PS4 at this point, especially with the $100 price difference. The Kinect had its time, but the dance game crowd is also the same crowd that a) won't be buying at launch and b) will be into the cheaper console when it does buy.
    Pretty much. By going $500, MS has thrown their lot exclusively with the hardcore that they've been pissing off since 2010. I don't get it. Even Nintendo had the good sense to price the Wii at a more casual-friendly price in 2006...

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Awesome zinger:

It was tragic to see Don Mattrick leave, he was great at selling PS4s.

Nice quote there TG.

To be honest, I don't really care but being a classic overthinker/analyser, I've moved on several steps in a nanosecond and thought of an opinion.
    It shouldn't matter that it's a woman, her previous post was in windows, but it was a highly placed job. It's not like the Secretary of state or some really important job, it's Xbox, give her a chance! I would have said the same for a guy, sink or swim, if she fails she can go and become CEO of another game company whooop-de doo, if she succeeds, I'm first in line to look at the faces of of the naysayers.
    If anything the failure of Don Mattrick is a good thing, if someone made a very obvious mistake, there should be accountability, he reminds me too much of politicians though, they aren't exactly punished by failure, like some kind of Dilbert Terminator they are rewarded by failure and come back stronger and richer hahah.