Thread: Disgaea D2 Gets Release Dates and a Limited Edition

Disgaea D2 Gets Release Dates and a Limited Edition

Laharl and the gang are back, in high definition, no less. Check in to see when you can finally buy your return ticket to the Netherworld.

[NEWS]

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

already have this one ordered. gonna be fun!
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

Also worth mentioning, LE + Guide is already sold out and the LE is at < 50% stock right now so might want to get those preorders in if interested.

I hope they bring this game to the PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by TG Barighm View Post
    I hope they bring this game to the PS4.
    Doubt it. Vita may be likely though(as D4 was confirmed for it recently).

I want this game but I think they need to improve some things that have been bugging me forever.

Doubt it. Vita may be likely though(as D4 was confirmed for it recently).
    Well, I can always ask. Sent them an email earlier.

damnit, missed on the LE+Guide. Opted for the LE for now. Hopefully the other one becomes available closer to the release date.

New Member Member
    This game is a day 1. I love disgaea

Someone talk me off the fence...either side.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityChecked View Post
    Someone talk me off the fence...either side.
    Well it's the fifth Disgaea game, have you not played any of them? I would suggest playing the first one as D2 is a sequel to that and decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpalicious View Post
    Well it's the fifth Disgaea game, have you not played any of them? I would suggest playing the first one as D2 is a sequel to that and decide.
    Played the first right when it came out. The characters and style were interesting enough for me to put up with the TRPG elements (not my fav). With subsequent titles, without any over-arching plot, I couldn't convince myself to do another TRPG with a scant story.

Now it's been a while since I've played one, and I kinda have an itch to try it again. The returning characters are a plus for me since there seemed to be some run-out to that story, although I worry about missing some plot since I haven't played any of the other games.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RealityChecked View Post
    Played the first right when it came out. The characters and style were interesting enough for me to put up with the TRPG elements (not my fav). With subsequent titles, without any over-arching plot, I couldn't convince myself to do another TRPG with a scant story.

Now it's been a while since I've played one, and I kinda have an itch to try it again. The returning characters are a plus for me since there seemed to be some run-out to that story, although I worry about missing some plot since I haven't played any of the other games.
    You'll not be missing any plot by not playing any previous titles. They share the occasional character but other than that they aren't connected. That said, if TRPG games aren't your thing I can't say I'd really recommend digging into this one, as its unlikely to sway your opinion of the sub-genre at all.

North American release date? Don't make me laugh. As per usual, that's the American release date, and Canada will likely get it anywhere from a few days to a few weeks later. Canada NEVER gets NA releases on the NA release date.

That depends on the game. For awhile there was around a one day delay on games from smaller or niche publishers, but for the past few years I've bought even Atlus games in store on release day in this backwater prairie capital of mine. Furthermore, Nintendo has always been consistent with their first party titles since practically forever, I'd hardly call that "NEVER". You want to complain about something, try the few NA games that don't get released at all up here except maybe in places like Toronto, in certain chains only. And don't get me started on Kokuga.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Yeah, things have been pretty decent for releases in Canada over the past few years. We've had a few hiccups, (Pokemon Conquest, most XSEED games for some reason, some Aksys games) but otherwise I haven't had trouble getting stuff on release day... in Toronto. I imagine some parts of Canada have more trouble than others with shipments. These guys will almost certainly ship Disgaea D2 on release day, at least. They specialize in Atlus and NIS games.

Either way, with almost everything being released digitally nowadays, there's always that option if you're impatient!

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Yeah, even in Brandon Manitoba we got things in a timely fashion -- and when we didn't, it wasn't a matter of the publisher, it was a matter of EBGames being cheap and only opting for non expedited ground shipping from their own US warehouses. Old, tired, and inaccurate statement remains old, tired, and inaccurate. Go yell at the box stores if you want to be pissy.