Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013's Upcoming RPGs

2013's Upcoming RPGs

It's been a fun year for RPGs so far, but 2013 is far from over. There are still quite a few upcoming releases to check out, and here they are.

Feature
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    My wallet.... it burns....

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Cry with me everyone. Cry for our wallets as more money is taken out of them. T_T
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

chaotic neutral observer ironmage's Avatar
    I guess my wallet is lucky, in that not too many of these are on my radar. Tales of Xillia, Disgaea D2, Guided Fate Paradox, FFX-HD, and maybe Dragon's Crown if it reviews well (read: has an Odin Sphere type story. I'm not sold on the artwork/gameplay).

....actually, this is still enough to hurt. Won't someone please think of my poor backlog?
    Only the livin' have the privilege of sayin' they'll fight ta the last breath.
    And words like conviction and resolve don't mean much to a dead man...
    --Raven

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Just got to learn to be frugal...which is why I can take two or more years to pick up a game unless I'm really interested in it. Even then, I have quite the pile of game's I've yet to play. :P

Among these games, the only ones I plan on getting day 1 are Pokemon X and Y and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Dragon's Crown PS3 = Day1.
    Tales of Xillia is a maybe +.
    Thanks for another great feature.

Glad to be of service...and to show everyone just how much financial pain they are going to be in soon.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    I think I'm in the minority as the only two games I must have is Xillia and Rune Factory 4. Everything else I'm more curious to see how it fairs or wait until it'll go cheap.

My wallet is sad 'cause I can't get them all.

I have preordered Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD, Final Fantasy X/X-2, and Disgaea D2 Limited Edition. That's pretty much as far as my wallet will stretch in the next few months.

Guess I'm going to be fine.

Console/PC- only interested in South Park. Unless there is a pricedrop on the PS3 or we find out more about this Gaikai thing in the PS4 and whether or not its backward compat on digital games through Gaikai, then I'll be getting Xillia. Though if I do get a PS3/4, then I'll be getting several more games.

Handheld - Zelda and maybe Etrian Odyssey, though I have the first three and haven't played them yet. Kinda weird to get a remake when I still have the original on my backlog. Might also get Mario and Luigi if its good, lots of talk but it wasn't on my radar.

This is pretty much confirming that the rest of the year looks mostly disappointing for me. Guess I'll have a lot of time to continue trying to rip through my backlog.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Here's why my wallet is bleeding.

Console/PC - Blackguard, Bound by Flame, Disgaea D2, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Sully: A Very Serious RPG, Tales of Xillia, and Two Brothers.

Handheld - Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, and Ys: Memories of Celceta.

She's being bled dry, captain.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

My wallet isn't exactly bleeding since I have scheduled to put some money away in advance for Tales of Xillia and Ys IV. Everything else that looks interesting will probably be saved for later to be picked up on the cheap, since I'll probably buy releases from earlier this year instead if I want to spend more money.

I'm really only interested in Xillia and the FF HD remakes for the PS3. Looks like my funds with remain relatively intact!

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    So much awesome on the horizon, it's crazy
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderator ChickenGod's Avatar
    Yep, I'm surprised more people haven't been talking about this. When was the last time there was this much quality on the RPG horizon after summer? Course when you read half the comments in the thread that would probably be last year given some disinterest in this year's stock. Still, I'm thrilled, and thats all the matters!

On the list I'll be picking up the following: Tales of Xillia, Etrian Odyssey: Untold, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Pokemon X, and Final Fantasy 14. Can't wait to play most of them, especially those three in August.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach

After spending a bunch during this year's summer Steam sale, I decided I wouldn't buy anymore games until Christmas. While I'm looking forward to The Stick of Truth and the HD remakes of FF X/X-2 & KH, there's nothing that I can't wait until year end for. I'll definitely be keeping tabs on new titles, but I've got plenty in my backlog to keep me busy.

I'm glad many of you have several games to look forward to, but the only RPG for sure that I want is Tales of Xillia. From my perspective (the console JRPG perspective I keep droning on about) this a pretty thin line-up.

New Member Member tsubakisamurai's Avatar
    I'm stoked for a lot of these titles, mainly Xillia and the new EO. My wallet will certainly suffer this autumn/winter, but I know one instance where I will save some money. This will probably be the first Disgaea games since the first that I don't buy initially. I've sunk hundreds of hours into that series, and I'm just really burnt out on it at this point. Perhaps I'll wait for the inevitable Vita version; by then I might have recovered from item world fatigue.

I also really hope NIS can bounce back from Time and Eternity with Guided Fate Paradox. Like it or not, T&E garnered a sizable amount of criticism, and I feel like the company needs more than Disgaea to maintain its good will with the fan base.

Xillia, Mario and Luigi, Pokemon, Zelda Link Between Worlds, and Disgaea are what I'll be getting. I have collector's editions of Xillia and Disgaea ordered, Futureshop pre-order for M&L, Pokemon and Zelda (so saving 13 odd dollars on each). FF14 should be mine on PC too. I'm hoping I don't do much more buying than this. All the ones not on this list are ones I'll wait on, and some of the non RPGs will be waiting until price drops.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

Crap! Xillia's in two weeks?! *sigh* Well, to make sure we keep getting Tales, I'll get it first day, but I don't have a PS3; I'll have to likely wait a while to borrow one from a friend.

At least I've got some time until X/Y. Let's see.... I think that'll then leave DOA5U and ACIV as the only non-RPGs I want this year, and, traditionally, the Assassin's Creed series is a Christmas gift.