Thread: RPGCast - Episode 272: "Horga'hn Trail"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 272: "Horga'hn Trail"

RPGCast - Episode 272: "Horga'hn Trail"

Chris gets his wish, but is it more than he can handle? Eidos's GM decides that yes, it is more than he can handle. The Xbox may finally handle indie publishing, but then again it may not. Activision/Blizzard decide they don't want anyone handling them anymore.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/272

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Horga'hn Trail"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

As far as insane mods go, I'd pick Pokemon Blaze Black and Volt White 2, which makes every Pokemon available, makes Farfetch'd and Magcargo usable, and can get a postgame fight that breaks the level cap.

As it comes to reviewing SMTIV, I'm actually scheduled to discuss the game on a podcast this coming weekend with someone who's on the fence and someone who's playing along slowly, and it's a general audience show so I'm not sure how much I can nerd out on it. I can tell that I'm going to be mentioning Easy mode very early because I switched there after about the fifth battle, and how my batting average in demon negotiation is so far below the Mendoza Line that I stopped trying it after I got the obligatory Pixie.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    -THANK YOU QUIN! I really wanted to know about what was happening with that! So the patch is out? I'm gonna DESTROY that game now. . . Again! Oh I'm so happy!

-I've never heard of Pacific Rim. What makes it the nerd movie of the Summer? If it is actually related to games, I'll check it out. Otherwise, I'm too busy watching The Hobbit over and over and over and over...

-I would pay to be on the podcast.

-No, no, NOOOOOOOO! Star Ocean Material Trader!? You've got to be god-damn kidding me!

Good show. Thanks a lot.
    Like RPGs? Then you will like my RPG comedy show. Watch free RIGHT HERE!

FaceBook | Twitter | Website

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryZoltan View Post
    -I've never heard of Pacific Rim. What makes it the nerd movie of the Summer? If it is actually related to games, I'll check it out. Otherwise, I'm too busy watching The Hobbit over and over and over and over...
    It's got giant robots and Kaiju in. The only game related thing is Ellen McLain doing some voice work in her GLaDOS voice.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Sabin: Thanks for mentioning the Jim Guthrie humble bundle last week. I grabbed it.

Oddly enough... I had known about Jim Guthrie from his band, Human Highway, his stint in Islands and from Swords and Sworcery, but I hadn't put it together that it was the same jim guthrie doing both of those until I listened to those albums. His solo stuff is definitely half-way between his Human Highway/Islands and his Superbrothers soundtracks. Glad I picked it up.

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryZoltan View Post
    -
    I could make a snarky let me google that for you joke but instead I'll just embed the trailer.
    Coming to Japan Aug 9th.

Last edited by risingsun; 07-31-2013 at 11:56 AM.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff 7thCircle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by risingsun View Post
    I could make a snarky let me google that for you joke but instead I'll just embed the trailer.
    Coming to Japan Aug 9th.
    For several weeks, I thought of this as Dubstep: The Movie based on the commercials on TV.

You should be trying to hang out with me!
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    Hm. That does look kind of cool. Thank you.
    Like RPGs? Then you will like my RPG comedy show. Watch free RIGHT HERE!

FaceBook | Twitter | Website