Thread: Mars War Logs Appears on Console

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar

Mars War Logs Appears on Console

Xbox users can now head over to the Red Planet, with those on PlayStation able to follow shortly after. For those needing in-flight entertainment, Focus Home Interactive has provided some complimentary music.

[ Story ]
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    Wow I am surprised this went to consoles. I certainly wouldn't recommend this game.

-Poor localization (this was improved)
    -Cliché story and characters.
    -Lack of customization.
    -Very short gameplay 5-8 hours.
    -Awkward gameplay.

Hopefully they are selling this for a low price, less than 10 dollars, as that would be the only way I would recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio_7 View Post
    Wow I am surprised this went to consoles. I certainly wouldn't recommend this game.

-Poor localization (this was improved)
    -Cliché story and characters.
    -Lack of customization.
    -Very short gameplay 5-8 hours.
    -Awkward gameplay.

Hopefully they are selling this for a low price, less than 10 dollars, as that would be the only way I would recommend it.
    They relocalized it, the PC version should have the new vocals and translation via patch, but the Xbox version has had it from jump.

You can customize Roy, just not his companions.

Also, I had no real issues with the story and honestly didn't find it all that cliché. I had a great time playing through the game, with very very few frustrations, I might add. I feel like the game was built with a controller in mind so I can see it feeling more awkward with keyboard and mouse. As for length, It took me about 15 hours to do everything, so on a money to hours scale, I got my monies worth.

I'd recommend it to people who like off-beat RPGs or don't mind a few flaws in their diamonds.
    Last edited by Frozenbabylon; 08-06-2013 at 03:22 PM.

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    To be fair it was always planned to be on console, it was supposed to just be a few weeks after the first PC release but they delayed the console release for the relocalisation.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

I'll check it out when it goes down to 5 bucks. Looks interesting but most reviews are not convincing.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

I have this on my backlog. Paid the 1200MSP but the points cost me much less than what they usually go for.