Thread: Start Rebuilding Final Fantasy XIV Early

Start Rebuilding Final Fantasy XIV Early

Square Enix's Naoki Yoshida has shared more details about the upcoming open beta and early access to Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Check out the highlights.

Story
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    I was really, really hoping that Open Beta was going to start on the 9th, and would last longer. Having to wait another week is going to be rather annoying.

Still, I am looking forward to this quite a lot.

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    Does anyone know what the subscription costs look like?

Membership Price Days Characters - World Characters - Total
    Legacy 6.89/€9.99/$9.99 30 8 40
    Entry 7.69/€10.99/$12.99 30 1 8
    Standard 8.99/€12.99/$14.99 30 8 40
    Standard 8.39/€11.99/$13.99 90 8 40
    Standard 7.69/€10.99/$12.99 180 8 40

I woke up for the letter this morning and then went right back to bed after for a couple more hours of sleep.
    I was really hoping for the 9th too, but it's been a 3 year wait. Guess i can survive another couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by NefarioCall View Post
    Membership Price Days Characters - World Characters - Total
    Legacy 6.89/9.99/$9.99 30 8 40
    Entry 7.69/10.99/$12.99 30 1 8
    Standard 8.99/12.99/$14.99 30 8 40
    Standard 8.39/11.99/$13.99 90 8 40
    Standard 7.69/10.99/$12.99 180 8 40

I woke up for the letter this morning and then went right back to bed after for a couple more hours of sleep.
    I was really hoping for the 9th too, but it's been a 3 year wait. Guess i can survive another couple of weeks.
    Umm... so it's only 12.99 for 180 days?

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio_7 View Post
    Umm... so it's only 12.99 for 180 days?
    More likely to be a six-monthly payment of $77.94, which works out to $12.99/month.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    More likely to be a six-monthly payment of $77.94, which works out to $12.99/month.
    I would have to assume you are correct.

Ugh I really can't bring myself to pay for a subscription for this.... everything in my being tells me don't do it. Maybe I'll see how the reviews go after it releases.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio_7 View Post
    I would have to assume you are correct.

Ugh I really can't bring myself to pay for a subscription for this.... everything in my being tells me don't do it. Maybe I'll see how the reviews go after it releases.
    The way i like to look at it, it's $30 for the game (PC copy) which includes a free month, then you'd have to pay for 3 months just to match the price of a regular full price title, so really, you could play for 4 months before you ever paid a penny more than a normal game...

of course that doesn't help the whole part where you end up continuing to pay because now you're 'invested' .. but..
    and hey, the $30 purchase part is free for everyone who already owns a copy from 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post

Indeed, I am in the same boat. Good game and I enjoyed myself when I played it for a bit but I don't know if its worth the subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Paladin View Post
    Indeed, I am in the same boat. Good game and I enjoyed myself when I played it for a bit but I don't know if its worth the subscription.
    I don't know of many games where you can pay that amount of money and get six months out of it.