Thread: Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Gets New Visuals, Audio

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Gets New Visuals, Audio

The definitive versions of Final Fantasy X and X-2 are coming soon, although it's still unclear when exactly that will be. To help with the wait, or perhaps not, here's another selection of screenshots and some news about new content created for the HD remasters.

[ Story ]
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Still a little surprised that we don't have an exact release date on this yet. I mean, there's not that much time left in the year left. I was personally hoping for a before-December release date, since it would bolster the Year of PS2 Greats thread, but that looks like wishful thinking at this point.

I'd like to add to this news release that Masashi Hamauzu will be arranging the 60 tracks alluded to in the article. In addition, Junya Nakano, Tsutomu Narita, and Hirosato Noda will also act as arrangers. Hamauzu and Nakano were the co-composers of FFX. Noda is a long-time Square Enix employee, mostly as a sound engineer, and was the original arranger of "The Prelude" from FFX. Narita is a frequent collaborator (as arranger) with many artists included Nobuo Uematsu.

This basically means that the entire FFX soundtrack (probably excluding the live-performed tracks such as the ending theme, Suteki da ne, the hymns, etc.) will be arranged. It's clear we're going to have a very new, very awesome musical experience with FFX. Hamauzu is really one of the best and brightest in the industry, and there's no man better for the job. Nakano is the icing on the cake. I look forward to seeing if all of Uematsu's synth tracks will be arranged, because some of them are unbearable. It will take genius on the level of Hamauzu and Nakano to rescue to likes of "Djose Temple", "Place of Trials", and many others from Uematsu's list.

As for X-2, it would be so amazing if Noriko Matsueda and Takahito Eguchi were brought back to give the score the same treatment, but I doubt very much that the music will be touched.

Quote Originally Posted by Typho View Post
    Still a little surprised that we don't have an exact release date on this yet. I mean, there's not that much time left in the year left. I was personally hoping for a before-December release date, since it would bolster the Year of PS2 Greats thread, but that looks like wishful thinking at this point.
    The original came out on December 17... and that's a Tuesday this year. I think SE would be insane enough to hold it until then. (Which would honk me off because it *would* fall out of 2013 for me at that point.)
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Hahahaaaa

HAHA

HAHAHA

They finally said Tidus in something none-Dissidia that is still Final Fantasy X related. Now all the Tee-dus vs Tie-dus battles can be lain to rest.

I REALLY hope some of the new audio includes re-recorded lines with them saying Tidus in-game, and you can no longer name him. That was one of my main griped about X, and especially X-2.

(The evil cackling was just me finally cracking after 10+ years of them never saying his name)