Thread: Dragon Fantasy Book II Gets a September Date

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar

Dragon Fantasy Book II Gets a September Date

The second part of the Dragon Fantasy series will be available on North American PS3s and Vitas next month. European ones will have to wait a bit longer, but can be rest assured they haven't been forgotten.

[ Story ]
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Fun fact: PEGI actually takes longer than ESRB. I didn't know that was possible.

Hopefully they have fixed the gameplay issues i had with the first game, namely the terrible hit rate. I also heard random encounters were replaced with visible enemies, which is always a great thing.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau

The hit rate was increased in the first patch (within about 3 weeks if memory serves), and yeah the second game has enemies visible on screen a la Chrono Trigger.

What is the preferred platform for these games? I've got a PS3 and an Android tablet, not sure which to go for.

Right now it's only releasing on PS3 and Vita, so I'd say one of those

Is it? I see Dragon Fantasy on the Google Play store and it looks like the same game. I figured the PS3/Vita version was just a port. Is that just Dragon Fantasy Book 1 that is ported or are they different games? I'm trying to figure out whether the Android version for $8 is worth getting over what appears to be episodic release of the same game for $10 a pop on the PS3/Vita.

And if I do go the Sony route, is there a preference of the PS3 vs Vita? Is it cross-buy? I don't really know much about Sony's marketplace.

Book I, Chapters 1-2-3, on Android & iOS is the original release; Book I on the PSN is both the original release and the 16-bit upgrade to music and graphics (same game, playable two ways, depending which style you prefer). Book II is roughly Chapters 4-5-7, and is 16/32 bit, and will available on PS3/Vita to start with no ETA on the other platforms. It's cross-buy and cross-save on PSN, so you buy it once and get it for both systems and can swap saves back and forth between the two.

Oh cool. Thanks for the info. Sounds like the PSN release is the way to go then.

You're welcome