Thread: Lords of the Fallen Prepares to Rise at Gamescom

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar

Lords of the Fallen Prepares to Rise at Gamescom

Gods can sometimes be a fickle bunch, as mankind of Lords of the Fallen has learned. So it falls to one human to lead the charge against those supernatural forces that seek to do harm.

[ Story ]
    "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

The plot is generic, the hammer looks like art from warhammer online. All depends on the execution, Witcher 2 had an overly complicated and unnatural control scheme which was a big turn off, I played through for the story. I wish I could be less picky about games but the truth is, as the person paying, it is the game creators job to cater for and entertain me, and understand their target audience.
    Sometimes I'm amazed at my depth of feeling about some games though. My weight of expectation was so high for Diablo 3 and my dissapointment so deep that I actually feel a grudge. Even though Blizzard is just an umbrella game for the development team who did Diablo and World of Warcraft, I feel I could forgive them if their mysterious project Titan delivers but I'm much more cautious about having high expectations now.

Yeah, that's probably the most repellent art design I've seen in a game since Amular. I'm actually feeling a bit upset just looking at it.

Like, I played Warhammer Fantasy for years. Warhammer Fantasy, at its worst, does not look this dumb.
    Last edited by Drav; 08-24-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Prod with the Prod The Doomhammer's Avatar
    AW YEAH BRO WE GOT YOUR BIG MALLETS BIG SWORD PADDLES BIG *** SHOULDERS RIGHT HERE YEEAAAH FANTASY ART DESIIIIIIGN!!!!!

So I'm wondering... how many games have done actual, realistic war hammers? Dark Souls had one I think, but pretty much everything else has these giant mallets, which would probably be pretty useless on a battlefield even if anybody could actually swing the things. I don't like it.

This has been today's THE DOOMHAMMER'S TRIVIAL VIDEO GAME COMPLAINT. In our next issue: Swords that go right through plate-mail.

They did say that Warhammer was their biggest inspiration in art, so there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doomhammer View Post
    So I'm wondering... how many games have done actual, realistic war hammers? Dark Souls had one I think, but pretty much everything else has these giant mallets, which would probably be pretty useless on a battlefield even if anybody could actually swing the things. I don't like it.

This has been today's THE DOOMHAMMER'S TRIVIAL VIDEO GAME COMPLAINT. In our next issue: Swords that go right through plate-mail.
    The game you are looking for is Darklands.

Prod with the Prod The Doomhammer's Avatar
    I really should get round to playing that.