Thread: Welcome to RPGamer's New Podcast: Dialog Trees

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar

Welcome to RPGamer's New Podcast: Dialog Trees

Dialog Trees is RPGamer's home for unedited audio interviews, demos, talks, and discussions. Check it out to get a behind the scenes look at RPGamer in action

-Link to Story
    Last edited by risingsun; 08-28-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Wow, like a ton of features in Dragon Fantasy, I wonder if the same co-op is going on the PC versions. It will be the deciding factor between buying two copies or one
    Loving the Dialog Tree, happy to see more!
    Strictly speaking it was on RPGcast that Manny talked about "Lords of the Fallen", the trailer didn't impress me but Tekken style combat plus RPG sandbox story and Darksouls roguelike? It could be Kingdoms of Amalur done right, because Kingdoms of Amalur and TERA (and maybe Witcher) would be the games I will compare it to. In any case, it's gone from a "not interested" to a "this could be amazing depending on execution".

One suggestion I have would be to do some very minor editing to the files. One thing I noticed when I listened to the current episodes back to back without having quick access to the screen to check the name, is that there was no real introduction to what game(s) is being discussed. Maybe tacking on a short introduction at the beginning would be beneficial. Especially when the interviewees have accents.

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smacd View Post
    One suggestion I have would be to do some very minor editing to the files. One thing I noticed when I listened to the current episodes back to back without having quick access to the screen to check the name, is that there was no real introduction to what game(s) is being discussed. Maybe tacking on a short introduction at the beginning would be beneficial. Especially when the interviewees have accents.
    I can tell you that it wont be happening with older audio content from the archive that we are throwing up. Half the point is to get it up there and have one less barrier for you to hear this content that otherwise would have languished forever.

In the future, now that we know we have this stream I can see us speaking a brief intro into the mic before it starts if its a deliberately planned interview and not a spontaneous or off the cuff recording like many of these things are. Plus most of these arent actually interviews. Honestly, for most of them, I'm too busy writing notes in a notebook and the recording is an afterthought left on the table for note purposes. As for post fact intros for people, I'm lucky if i remember any of their names at this point.
    Last edited by risingsun; 09-04-2013 at 04:24 PM.