Thread: XSEED Offers Limited Additional Memories of Celceta

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar

XSEED Offers Limited Additional Memories of Celceta

XSEED has given Ys fans an opportunity to help mark the series' twenty-fifth anniversary with a limited edition for Memories of Celceta. The Silver Anniversary Edition lets players explore the present as well as reminisce about days past.

[ Story ]
    "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Wow even a compass is included? Nice!
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

i'll settle for just the regular edition, preferably a discounted digital version of Ys. I loved the previous psp games in the series, so i'm eager to try the Vita offering.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau

I love Ys music so I'll be preordering this once it's up on Amazon.

I put my preorder in for the standard but I am very, very tempted to up it to the limited because of the music CDs. I was planning to buy a Ys music soundtrack at some point and it's only $20 more... I wish there was more information on how many/which tracks these CDs will have.

Quote Originally Posted by riulyn View Post
    I put my preorder in for the standard but I am very, very tempted to up it to the limited because of the music CDs. I was planning to buy a Ys music soundtrack at some point and it's only $20 more... I wish there was more information on how many/which tracks these CDs will have.
    I can field this one!

The three CDs will each be as close to the full 80 minutes as possible, meaning the set will clock in at just shy of 4 hours. If the currently selected track list is approved by Falcom, there will be a total of 63 tracks: 19 on disc one, 25 on disc two and 19 on disc three.

The contents of the CDs, then, will consist of OST and arranged music from... well, if I want to be marketing-savvy, I'll say "30 different sources" here, since that's entirely accurate IF you're strictly going by the album upon which each track first appeared. Considering that Falcom has rereleased some of these tracks on compilation albums over the years, though, it's probably realistically more in the 20-25 range.

Still, that's 20-25 different albums you'd need to buy in order to get this same mix of music!

Disc one will consist of Ys I, II, III and Felghana tracks, disc two will consist of Ys IV, V and Celceta tracks, and disc three will consist of Ys VI, Seven and Origin tracks (with one bonus track from "The Typing of Ys" as well, for good measure!).

And each track was selected based on one of the following criteria:

- Historical significance. So, things like the original JDK Band version of "To Make the End of Battle," the English vocal version of "Lilia," the full version of Ys Seven's "Rush Out," or the classic vocal theme "Endless History" as featured in the Ys anime.

- Uniqueness. Expect some Falcom hip-hop, jazz, techno, disco-esque dance, Latin rhythms... you name it, it's on there somewhere.

- Fan favoritism. Tracks like "Iris" from Celceta, "A Great Ordeal" from Dawn of Ys, "Ernst" (JDK Band version) from Ys VI, "Genesis Beyond the Beginning" from Ys Origin, etc.

- Rarity/obscurity. Quality tracks that were featured in only one or two versions of an Ys game, or tracks that were featured on Ys albums even die-hard Falcom fans might never have heard of (like "Falcom Special Box '97: Midori Kawana Sings Ys," for example).

It's also worth noting that the only overlap between this set and the Musical Selections CDs we've previously released alongside Ys Seven, Ys: The Oath in Felghana and Ys I & II Chronicles will be "Rush Out!", the arranged vocal theme from Ys Seven, which is being featured again due to the existence of a full 5-minute version that hadn't yet been released back when we put together the Ys Seven Musical Selections CD. Every other track will be something western Ys fans have not yet heard from us at all.

...Note, though, that this is all subject to change -- but our initial track listing was already approved a while back, so barring any last-minute licensing issues, all of the above-noted information should still hold true through to release.

-Tom
    Last edited by Wyrdwad; 08-30-2013 at 01:16 AM.

This is killing me. I wanted a Celceta special edition, but absolutely nothing on this on this one interests me. I really wanted an statue of Adol in his Celceta gear. Such is life, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrdwad View Post
    I can field this one!

The three CDs will each be as close to the full 80 minutes as possible, meaning the set will clock in at just shy of 4 hours. If the currently selected track list is approved by Falcom, there will be a total of 63 tracks: 19 on disc one, 25 on disc two and 19 on disc three.
    If the CD with Celceta music on it has "Ancient Land," I'll shout how awesome this package is from the rooftops.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

I don't have a PS Vita (yet) and I want this game. Since I do plan on purchasing one eventually, I just may get this limited edition bundle. After, it is this game that made me want to buy a Vita to begin with.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business