Thread: RPG Backtrack: Episode 100 - A Light to Brighten the Darkness

Code: Kirin RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar

RPG Backtrack: Episode 100 - A Light to Brighten the Darkness

When tactical RPGs were almost unheard of on consoles, the Sega Genesis saw a couple that attracted fans with fond memories many years later. Other Sega consoles saw the series too, including its finest hour, though not without unnecessary difficulties courtesy of the company's localization choices. Celebrate Camelot's premiere series with us on this very special episode!
    Fidelity, Profound, Equal, Spirited. Great names!
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Hey, already your 100th episode, congratulation on everything you did.
    It's always fun to listen to you, long live the RPG Backtrack, because of you I am not anywhere close to finish my backlog, since you always telling of some great game that I miss, that I gladly add to it
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    http://backloggery.com/spare/sig.gif

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    Yeah, crazy, right? I mentioned something about helping people with their backlog in our new, Quantum Leap inspired intro :P

I have a foot note here...I only got to talk / ramble a bit about Ultima Online. There's SOOO much more to say about it, and I most certainly WILL say a lot more about it in upcoming shows. But, for those who cannot wait, check out this blog entry I just did.

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    There's one little thing about Resurrection of the Dark Dragon that I didn't realize until a day or so after the podcast was recorded. The game has a few new music tracks exclusive to the GBA remake. The best of them has to the theme that plays when using a promoted character to attack an enemy:

"Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Well, can't find what game your new intro is, it's probably one on my backlog

SE there are also some new characters in the Dark Dragon remake as well.
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Oh, we mentioned those new characters, especially the very borken Narsha. I just wanted to bring up another change to the remake that I forgot about while recording this episode.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Code: Kirin RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar
    Looks like nobody wants to try answering any of those questions that popped up intermittently... too bad. No prizes can be awarded without entries.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by JuMeSyn View Post
    Looks like nobody wants to try answering any of those questions that popped up intermittently... too bad. No prizes can be awarded without entries.
    Sadly, most of those games I already own them and I don't have a twitter account, I know I'm just lazy, I could do one just to participate

edit
    Ok I just did
    Last edited by Ombres; 09-11-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Congrats on making it to 100! The number of games that you've covered boggles my mind, especially given the number of episodes dedicated to series. I've listened to almost every episode. I've had a to skip a few for backlog's sake, but your efforts are appreciated.

I've played Shining Force CD, and III part 1. I saw parts 2 and 3 for sale in a local game store once, and I'm still kicking myself for not picking them up. I guess I still had hope at that point that they would be translated. I haven't really played either game since they were new, but I remember the bonus battles from Shining Force CD, and few battles from Shining Force III. Pretty good for 15ish years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ombres View Post
    Well, can't find what game your new intro is, it's probably one on my backlog
    Well look like I just find out what it is and indeed, an other great game that is still on my backlog...
    very nice pick