Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prepare for the Second Chapter of Trails in the Sky - Story and Interview

Prepare for the Second Chapter of Trails in the Sky - Story and Interview

After what seems like an eternity, XSEED is preparing the second chapter of The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky for a North American release. With the way the first game ended, fans are more than ready to jump back in and find out what happened.

Interview
    Story
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    *bounces all over the place*
    "Ab Hoc Possum Videre Domum Tuum."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Nice... but the PSP? I know it'll be playable on Vita, but that still seems amazing that we're getting hyped for a PSP game in the year of our lord 2014.

Edit: Mac just advised me that there's save file import from the first game. OK, that makes a little more sense.
    Last edited by Shaymin; 09-06-2013 at 06:13 AM.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar

Now that I've gotten that glee out of the way...I'll probably get the PC version of both. Why? Because for some really odd reason, I feel more motivated to finish PC versions of games.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Prod with the Prod The Doomhammer's Avatar
    Ha, I had a funny feeling Trails was Carpe Fulgur's project four. Nice to see the ol' instincts still work sometimes.

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    I guess I better sit down and actually play the first chapter of this series now. I'm way behind, but the localization of the sequel is going to give me a bit more impetus. Time to fire up the poor, neglected PSP.

Same battle system.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

hopefully they changed the ridiculously long winded battle system from the first one, it pretty much made the game unplayable. i hear the story is great but form what i played it wasnt anything to write home about but then again the battle system kept me from paling much past the first major boss fight.

no idea why my post shows up after Mac answered it but it looks like i dont care about this game since its the same terrible battle system
    Last edited by AncientRune; 09-06-2013 at 07:50 AM.

I heard that the dual UMD system was actually kind of annoying (needed to switch UMDs when changing locations sometimes) so I'm okay with that PSN release. The only sad part is losing the potential case art with Joshua's beautiful face. Oh well.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riulyn View Post
    I heard that the dual UMD system was actually kind of annoying (needed to switch UMDs when changing locations sometimes) so I'm okay with that PSN release. The only sad part is losing the potential case art with Joshua's beautiful face. Oh well.
    Well, if you really just want a physical copy for collecting purposes you can always just import a Japanese copy, should be pretty cheap.

Awesome. Now I'm not sure which platform I want them on. I played the first Trails but never finished and by now it will feel weird continuing so I'll be starting over.

That is great news! Just made my day! The first game reminded me why I liked JRPG's in the first place.

PSP version is the only version I want. A pleasant surprise.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    So happy! Anybody know what the savegame transfer entails? If it just brings over stats or whatever, I don't care. I only care if there are story-related changes for people who finished the first game. I'd rather get the PC version of the sequel, but I'd also rather not play the entire first game again. Not that I didn't love love love it, just that I don't have the time.

Also, grats to Carpe Fulgar! It's neat to see localizers work together.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I don't know if I'll buy it right on release, but I'm considering getting the PSP download copy for both games, even though I own the first on on disc. My PSP freezes a lot when trying to run UMDs now, so I pretty much only play digital on it these days.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

I'm wondering whether it would be a better experience to get these on PSP or on PC. I'm pretty interested in this series, especially with this announcement.

Yahtzee!

Following this one's chances over the years was like experiencing a game in itself:

"Our hero, Desex, must deliver an important spell by the wizard Alcomf to the small village of Fansia which is slowly dying without it. Unfortunately, the incantation is unbelievably complex, and cannot be properly cast until it is deciphered and placed in a less ancient format. Fight the evil Losales! Seek out the wise Gurful! Romance the lovely Jessica! Can you get the Essy Scroll translated in time?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    So happy! Anybody know what the savegame transfer entails?
    From Twitter "Estelle's level, and you get special items based on your Bracer rank." "levels and Ultimate weapons"
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Familiar Face Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Well this is certainly good news! Mayhaps I'll get the PC versions of both games.
    "Life will be a very great deal less weird without you!"

"Do you know I think that's the nicest thing anybody's ever said to me?

The next time my wife and I make love I will be thinking of this.