Thread: Bravely Default Features Shown off in Video

A Familiar Teacher Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar

Bravely Default Features Shown off in Video

While people can rest assured that westerners will be getting the enhanced version of Bravely Default, this video does raise one major question. Is that an Elvis impersonator class?

Story
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

So it looks like when they were talking about removing turn-based battles, it really just meant going from DQ-turns to FF-ATB, yeah? I don't mind that.

What they mean by "removing turn-based battles" is putting more emphasis on Bravely Default's system of attacking multiple times per turn, because attacking multiple times per turn is like not having turns at all. It's still turn-based. Just watch the video.

Kotaku's article really exaggerated it; people are taking the removal of turn-based too literally.
    Last edited by Sui-kun; 09-09-2013 at 01:25 PM.

I watchd the video, which is how I replied about it in the first place.

Not quite sure how "removes the concept of a turn-based [system]" can be taken many other ways other than what is says, but okay... Based on what info was out there, it's understandable for a lot of gamers to be concerned with such a change.

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    I certainly hope that it is exaggerated. But at the same time I would not be surprised if they did remove the TB system in the game, square has had a history of changing/replacing gameplay elements that are enjoyed and not broken. Sometimes I think they WANT to alienate their fans, lol.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    What's weird is that, even though this video is listed on Youtube as being uploaded Sept. 4th, everything I saw in it matches my original version copy of the game and the date at the end of the video matches the original release.

A Familiar Teacher Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Huh? Well, that's unusual. I completely didn't notice the release date there at the end...
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Yes, it appears that Square Enix posted a video of footage from the original version of Bravely Default just after announcing a new version because ??? We weren't the only English-speaking site to be confused about the nature of the video. We don't have a lot of Bravely Default footage up on the site, so we'll keep it up - just be aware that the combat system will probably be different in the version that we eventually receive.

Thanks Gaijin for helping out with your Japanese expertise!

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance