Thread: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix Launches Today

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix Launches Today

This trailer reminds us that the original Kingdom Hearts was a pretty darn good game. Get ready to re-experience the adventures of Sora, Donald, and Goofy, in that order.

(Second Sentence Reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd5QZrJDV2U)

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    I got my copy when Gamestop opened. It's a real trip through memory lane. ALL OF THESE MEMORIES! But do note that they really did change around a lot with abilities, weapon/accessory stats, and did in fact remaster the soundtrack. I'm level 10, with magic sacrificed for defense, yet I still haven't gotten Guard...OH HOW THE ENEMIES ARE A PAIN WITHOUT IT! D:
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Certified Polygameyst RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    LOL. Sounds awesome. I dunno...I like the theme, Disney characters, etc in the first one...but the gameplay was a bit shallow, and I abhorred the 2 hour intro area...(if it wasn't 2 hours, if felt like it). And gummy ship? LOL. Did they address those things, I wonder?

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    It would be super cool if they replaced the Kingdom Hearts gummy ship stuff with the system from Kingdom Hearts 2. I know they've replaced the combat system with the much-less-shallow one from later games, but I haven't heard about the gummy ship.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Sorry Ocelot, but the Gummi Ship is that same one from the original KH. They did however add a score thing in the upper right corner.
    User Database Check

Oh heck!! Gummi Ship score?? I'm SOOOO there!

I am horrendous at shooters so I kind of dreaded the Gummi ship part, but it didn't seem as bad as I remember. Maybe I'm just more skilled now at games that aren't just turn-based RPGs because it also seemed like the controls in the game were tighter and I didn't find myself endlessly falling and making a fool of myself and combat seemed easier. Has anyone else noticed these things or am I just, like, better at gaming now?

That's it...you asked for it!!

Ok so the book is the game case...... My Local GS had those cardboard boxes in bad shape... All of them like they got squashed by something.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Mine got squashed in the mail coming from amazon too, but since there's no damage to the book -- which is what I actually cared about -- I'm not too fussed. YMMV.

Well I'm not exactly a collector since I opened it so it's not that important to me either but I keep wondering.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Sad to see there was no digital release, so i'm out of luck. All because of a stupid licensing deal with Utada, preventing her music in the games to be released digitally. I don't even care about Utada's generic jpop opening track. I wish they would just replace it with something else so they could release it digitally, similiar to what Namco had to do with DBZ Budokai HD collection.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau

Is that the same reason Birth by Sleep isn't on PSN?
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Quote Originally Posted by Shaymin View Post
    From what I know, that could possibly be the reason. Meaning we have to hope for a Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix, which I imagine would come with Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded (cutscenes probably), and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. A pipe dream I know...
    User Database Check

Quote Originally Posted by Shaymin View Post
    i think so. Sony has stated that all ps4 games will be day one digital, so not sure how Square plans to deal with the issue for KH3. Though i will get the disk of that since its a new console and not my nearly broken ps3. lol
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRPGMaster View Post
    From what I know, that could possibly be the reason. Meaning we have to hope for a Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix, which I imagine would come with Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded (cutscenes probably), and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. A pipe dream I know...
    It makes sense as Birth by Sleep story is contained on the Asem reports that Sora will read at the secret ending of KH2 FM.