Thread: Child of Light Is Born

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Child of Light Is Born

It's strange but beautiful to see, this Ubi-made JRPG. Where evil breeds and monsters swirl, the future hangs on one brave girl.

Edit: To avoid de-railing the thread, let's not have an argument about what "JRPG" means here. For the purposes of Child of Light, we're using it to mean, "a game with a story and battle system inspired by the classic SNES era of JRPGs."
    Last edited by Ocelot; 09-12-2013 at 10:56 AM.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    This game is pleasing both to the eye, and with the music. It's just so soothing.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

But my inner pedant wants to. Now that is out of the way, certainly is pretty looking. Doesn't Ubisoft try it's hand at an bringing out an RPG at most once or twice a generation?

chaotic neutral observer ironmage's Avatar
    Hmm, a sidescroller with detailed 2-D artwork? I'm getting a Vanillaware vibe. I must keep an eye on this one.
    Only the livin' have the privilege of sayin' they'll fight ta the last breath.
    And words like conviction and resolve don't mean much to a dead man...
    --Raven

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    It piqued my interest when I first heard of it, but this trailer make me genuinely interested. I very much need to keep an eye on this.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Looks interesting... the lack of any interaction with anything but monsters denies the JRPG vibe to me though. Might be more of a dungeon crawler in spirit.

There's not enough shown to make that determination, though. In any case, I already want this game. It looks very interesting.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    I like the artistic style, it looks really creative.

Although... i'm really not into the platforming... so despite the pretty art style... I doubt I would get into it. Too stuck in my ways and what I like I suppose, lol.